Thursday, October 06, 2005

Dancing Queen...

The cool thing about being pregnant is being able to feel your baby move. At this stage, many new moms are just beginning to feel "flutters" of movement. They touch their bellies and concentrate hard on the small shudders, wondering if that could be their precious baby moving around.

My kid? She begins teaching herself soccer, acrobatics, tumbling, and water sports at the age of 16 weeks. Now, at almost 22 weeks, she's learned a new sport: Kick mommy in the bladder and make her pee 42 times a day. I can just imagine her laughing in there as she jumps up and down on my poor bladder like its a circus trampoline!

The funny thing is, she's supposed to double in size! I feel sorry for my bladder, it has no idea what its in for!

I laugh a lot more now than I ever have in my life. It's fun to have a very small person living inside you, who is constantly stretching and moving. We play "Morse Code" on opposite sides of my stomach walls. And she knows if its someone else's hand laying on my belly (and becomes stubbornly quiet). She likes German Polka music, as i found out at Oktoberfest this weekend. She prefers kicking the most when I am covered with blankets and when i pull them off to see my stomach move, she stops in action and waits til its nice and dark and warm again to resume.

Can someone so tiny already have such a personality? The whole idea just blows my mind! She's a little person, with feelings and likes and dislikes, and furthermore, she's exactly half of me and half of Devin. She definately gets her energy from Devin (he kicks in his sleep too!) and I often wonder what she'll inherit from me...

1 Comments:

  • At Thu Oct 27, 02:35:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just make sure she doesn't do any, let's say 'topless', dancing at gay martini bars when she gets older :) But I guess we all turn out ok regardless!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home