The Joys of Parenting!
Oh, Super-mom Lora is retiring...soon to be replaced by hormonal, tired, cranky Lora! This first week home has been trying, to say the least, but it helps that Lily is such a good baby. She sleeps really well at night (usually in 4 hour stretches) for the most part and I can usually figure out what she needs when she cries.
Last night was just one of those nights. At 4:30 in the morning, I was changing her diaper and I was on the receiving end of a projectile poopy splatter. The new diaper had gotten stuck to the old diaper I was removing and I thought I had a few seconds to grab another while holding her feet up in the air with one hand. Nope, I was too slow and she let me know the one time I didn't prepare for this was the best time for her to poop on me.
So, I cleaned her and the mess up. After she was all nice and snuggly in a new diaper, she took a good long look at me and then spit up about 3 ounces of milk on me. We both got soaked. So, we both had to change clothes completely, which took 15 more minutes (and she screamed bc she hates having the clothes changed).
Finally, her eyes started droop as did mine at about 5:30 AM and then my Princess remembered that since she'd vomited all her food on mommy, she was suddenly starving again. After she ate (again), she mercifully passed out. Then my little Booger didn't wake up for 5 more hours!
Being a Mommy is hard work! Also, I have to note that we go through a lot more laundry than I thought humanly possible. I'm so glad we were stocked up on gowns, PJ's, and onesies. For such a small person, she can generate quite a mess!
As far as I'm concerned, I seem to be healing up pretty well. I've started to have night sweats (I think I read that's my body releasing all the water retention) and that kinda sucks. I'm hurting a lot less, which is good. Our car is still in the shop, so we're stuck at home. I don't know that I'm ready to venture out quite yet anyway. Just going to the Pediatrician was enough to scare the crap out of me (if another car even came close to mine, I panicked).
Lily is developmentally coming along great. She surprises me with something almost every day. She has started to smile in her sleep lately. Its so cute, I can't wait til she does it for real! Also, she's really getting better at focusing her eyes on faces. I still can't believe she's just a week old!
I guess that's pretty much it for now. Lily is staring contently at the pattern on the comforter for now, but I can see by the clock, she will be ready to eat again soon. Devin takes the camera with him to work every day, so my mom is gonna loan me hers to make more pictures. I hope to have those up very soon!
Last night was just one of those nights. At 4:30 in the morning, I was changing her diaper and I was on the receiving end of a projectile poopy splatter. The new diaper had gotten stuck to the old diaper I was removing and I thought I had a few seconds to grab another while holding her feet up in the air with one hand. Nope, I was too slow and she let me know the one time I didn't prepare for this was the best time for her to poop on me.
So, I cleaned her and the mess up. After she was all nice and snuggly in a new diaper, she took a good long look at me and then spit up about 3 ounces of milk on me. We both got soaked. So, we both had to change clothes completely, which took 15 more minutes (and she screamed bc she hates having the clothes changed).
Finally, her eyes started droop as did mine at about 5:30 AM and then my Princess remembered that since she'd vomited all her food on mommy, she was suddenly starving again. After she ate (again), she mercifully passed out. Then my little Booger didn't wake up for 5 more hours!
Being a Mommy is hard work! Also, I have to note that we go through a lot more laundry than I thought humanly possible. I'm so glad we were stocked up on gowns, PJ's, and onesies. For such a small person, she can generate quite a mess!
As far as I'm concerned, I seem to be healing up pretty well. I've started to have night sweats (I think I read that's my body releasing all the water retention) and that kinda sucks. I'm hurting a lot less, which is good. Our car is still in the shop, so we're stuck at home. I don't know that I'm ready to venture out quite yet anyway. Just going to the Pediatrician was enough to scare the crap out of me (if another car even came close to mine, I panicked).
Lily is developmentally coming along great. She surprises me with something almost every day. She has started to smile in her sleep lately. Its so cute, I can't wait til she does it for real! Also, she's really getting better at focusing her eyes on faces. I still can't believe she's just a week old!
I guess that's pretty much it for now. Lily is staring contently at the pattern on the comforter for now, but I can see by the clock, she will be ready to eat again soon. Devin takes the camera with him to work every day, so my mom is gonna loan me hers to make more pictures. I hope to have those up very soon!
2 Comments:
At Thu Feb 23, 02:45:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Oh, Lora! The projectile poop and the buckets of spit-up....find memories! It sounds like you are doing great, though!
At Thu Feb 23, 02:45:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Okay, that should be "fine" and not "find."
Post a Comment
<< Home