Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Pregnancy Buddy!

Last night, at my weekly prenatal yoga class, I was joined by a very special person: Mrs Mary Cox (formerly Llewelyn)!

Now, let me just tell you that in my opinion, pregnancy can be a very lonely time. Everyone gives you advice (some scary, some creepy, and some just off-the-damn-wall), but you're not quite sure what to believe. You don't quite relate to those who don't have kids or who've never been pregnant (especially menfolk), but you don't quite relate to moms either. Moms already know the outcome of all those pregnancy fears and joys. They have bigger and better things to worry about, like when Junior sticks frozen peas up his nose or how little Suzy learned that very bad swear word.

Having a first-time pregnant mom to discuss all the cravings, fears, and general wierdness is amazing. Finally, someone makes you feel like you're not losing your mind, you're not fat, and yes, you're arms are chunkier, but no one notices but you.

Don't get me wrong, Devin has been very supportive and kind. Like when I clumsily trip over the computer and somehow manage to yank to keyboard cord so hard that I almost ruin the motherboard. Or when I cry because he ate most of the cheese I just bought. Or when I was upset that Britney had not released pictures of her newborn yet. Devin's been great, but he's an outside observer for the time being.

Thats why its great to have other pregnant ladies to hang with!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home