Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Some Firsts....


Lily has had an interesting week so far! This weekend, she went to meet her great-grandparents for the first time (my Dad's parents). She managed to sleep soundly the entire time and then woke up starving 5 minutes before we were gonna leave. That's my girl for ya!

Today, my friend Mary came by to see me. I managed to put on a clean pair of sweatpants and a quick coat of powder on my face and these simple things totally changed my day. It was great to have some company during the day (beats the heck outta Law & Order reruns) and it left me in a really good mood. I packed up the baby and headed to Freedom Park. Granted, I only managed to walk about 200 feet and we only stayed about 10 minutes, but it felt great to be out and about! Again, Lily slept the entire time, but I hope the beautiful weather made her nap better.


We are definately getting into a better pattern. I'm starting to understand Lily's wants and needs better. I like to snuggle up with her at night and fall asleep with her wrapped in my arms (yes, I know all the dangers of co-sleeping, so please no lectures). Devin says I carry her around too much and that I should put her down once in a while. My reply is that I've carried her with me for 10 months inside of me and its difficult to stop now. I doubt that I'm in danger of carrying her around til she's 14, but you never know...


I offer the above picture as proof that I do put her down once in a while. She sleeps while I type. There now, see? She's not being spoiled :)

3 Comments:

  • At Wed Mar 01, 09:45:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a sleepy cutie! I really can't wait to see her.

     
  • At Thu Mar 02, 06:38:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tell Devin his mama said you can't spoil a baby and she's a baby nurse so she should know! Now when she's about 2yrs old you better have some limits set or you'll be sorry! lol

     
  • At Tue Mar 07, 01:38:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You'll put her down eventually. I kept Soren sleeping in the bed with me & hubby for quite awhile, for several months actually, until it got to the point where he slept better without us than with us, at which point he actually started sleeping in his crib. But before that anytime he slept, even for a small nap, it was in the crook of my arm in the bed with me. I actually wondered at one point if there was even a need for the crib. Now he sleeps very nicely in his crib, and all night too! Woo-hoo! This has been going on for a little over a month now.

    Glad to hear you all are doing well and that you're settling into a routine. Once you know about what to expect day to day it gets a lot easier. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home