Convos with Lily
Lily loves the game where she asks what people's full names are. For some of you, I've had to make up fake middle names, since I do not remember your real ones. I hope you all like Agnes, Homer, and Cletus as middle names. So, Lily spotted a girl in her class sitting in the next car over, on our way out from school the other day...
Lily: Mama, what's Bella's name? (sounds like "Mama, whass bill-a's name?)
Me: I don't know Lily, you will have to ask her
Lily: (yelling to the next car) Hey Bella, whats your name?
I love how she now uses her pronouns correctly. I love her silly sense of humor. I love that she knows all her colors and letters, but chooses to never say them out loud when anyone else is around, thus making mommy look like a psycho.
She is also a classic hypochondriac. She is constantly injured (notsomuch) and makes sure to tell you all about it, in the post pitiful way.
Lily: "Mama, you got a bandaid? Your head hurts?"
Me: "Yes, Mama has an owie head, but it's okay"
Lily: "Lily's got an owie head, too. Look mama, I need a bandaid for my finger!"
Me: "Lily, do you need to go to the doctor?"
Lily: "Yes."
Right now, she has her Daddy wrapped her around her tiny (possibly injured) finger. I had her in bed early and she was fussing away. Daddy came in and she convinced him to put on her socks and shoes and take her outside. At 8 PM. On her way out on her Daddy's arms, she hollers "Bye, Mom, see you later!" proudly. She was won the bedtime battle. No worries, I plan on winning the war.
Sorry I have no pictures to offer this week, Devin's Dad took my camera to Austria on vacation and my Mom has taken hers to Germany to visit the family -- which sucks for me, because I was totally planning on taking pictures of my healing head wound to show you. Oh well, you have been spared the gore for this now. Hope all is well with everyone else!
I have read a bunch of blogs that have touched me over the years, from Leslie's battle with Mr Tiddly, Lauren's grace in such adversity, Catherine's raw honesty, Drew's story of a well played game, and just too many more to name, but I have to bring another into the mix -- I found this blog and am so inspired and moved by it. If you have time for a good read, jump on over there and check it out: http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/, it's a powerful story!
Lily: Mama, what's Bella's name? (sounds like "Mama, whass bill-a's name?)
Me: I don't know Lily, you will have to ask her
Lily: (yelling to the next car) Hey Bella, whats your name?
I love how she now uses her pronouns correctly. I love her silly sense of humor. I love that she knows all her colors and letters, but chooses to never say them out loud when anyone else is around, thus making mommy look like a psycho.
She is also a classic hypochondriac. She is constantly injured (notsomuch) and makes sure to tell you all about it, in the post pitiful way.
Lily: "Mama, you got a bandaid? Your head hurts?"
Me: "Yes, Mama has an owie head, but it's okay"
Lily: "Lily's got an owie head, too. Look mama, I need a bandaid for my finger!"
Me: "Lily, do you need to go to the doctor?"
Lily: "Yes."
Right now, she has her Daddy wrapped her around her tiny (possibly injured) finger. I had her in bed early and she was fussing away. Daddy came in and she convinced him to put on her socks and shoes and take her outside. At 8 PM. On her way out on her Daddy's arms, she hollers "Bye, Mom, see you later!" proudly. She was won the bedtime battle. No worries, I plan on winning the war.
Sorry I have no pictures to offer this week, Devin's Dad took my camera to Austria on vacation and my Mom has taken hers to Germany to visit the family -- which sucks for me, because I was totally planning on taking pictures of my healing head wound to show you. Oh well, you have been spared the gore for this now. Hope all is well with everyone else!
I have read a bunch of blogs that have touched me over the years, from Leslie's battle with Mr Tiddly, Lauren's grace in such adversity, Catherine's raw honesty, Drew's story of a well played game, and just too many more to name, but I have to bring another into the mix -- I found this blog and am so inspired and moved by it. If you have time for a good read, jump on over there and check it out: http://cfhusband.blogspot.com/, it's a powerful story!
3 Comments:
At Thu Apr 17, 08:42:00 PM 2008,
Leslie said…
Isn't it funny how the men are the biggest pushovers??
My middle name is Kay. :) Just for future reference, in case you ever feel the need to tell Lily I'm Leslie Fuquar or something.
I checked out the blog you posted; what an incredible story. I'm awed on a daily basis on the struggles people have to endure, and the miraculous way they always seem to survive and survive well.
At Tue Apr 22, 04:09:00 PM 2008,
Lauren said…
Lily is so smart.
We want pictures!!!
At Mon Apr 28, 06:16:00 PM 2008,
Just the Sous Chef said…
She is such a smarty! And like Lily, Lu doesn't like to "preform" for others! LOL! Thanks for sharing the new blog, it is very touching!
PS I don't have a middle name so no lying needed if Lily ever asks! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home