Sunday, January 27, 2008

100 Things About Me for 2008

Another Year, Another List!

1. I feel like I’ve gotten old
2. I like when Devin wears a sweater vest and care about whether or not I buy plates with lead in them
3. I take these as signs of old age
4. I enjoy my job for the most part
5. But wish I could stay home more often
6. I am confused about how to get the best of both worlds
7. I am still in Recovery
8. I am on Step 6 and I hope to complete it before I pick up my 3 years in June
9. Other people depend on me to help them
10. And sometimes I wonder why and what I can do to help
11. But then I remember that God is in charge and will speak through me appropriately, so I can stop stressing
12. I still worry sometimes, though
13. Because I’m so far from perfect that it’s scary.
14. I desperately want another baby
15. But Devin isn’t willing yet
16. I’m trying to make it happen, but I’m finding it really does take 2 to tango
17. Sometimes I feel like my blog isn’t honest enough
18. Like I edit for my audience
19. Because I haven’t told you all that I’m on Prozac
20. And it’s working.
21. I don’t want to mess up my blog because I want to keep the focus on Lily
22. But at the same time, I’d like to have a more honest outlet.
23. I really like my friends today, I am surrounded by such love and kindness and I learn so much from watching these wonderful people in action
24. I hope that I can be more like them
25. I still stress about the focus being on me In public
26. This is one reason why I haven’t pushed the wedding thing. I may die of embarrassment before it actually happens
27. I love going to other people’s weddings though and am looking forward to seeing a few in the coming year!
28. I am constantly thinking of things to do to bring in enough money to support my life as a stay-at-home mom
29. Even though I secretly believe that Devin makes enough to support us all
30. I have thought of selling stuff on Ebay, doing medical transcription, being a virtual assistant, and writing and selling a screenplay
31. My Ex-coworker, Robin, and I are forever working on a sordid story about a group of dysfunctional friends and their adventures.
32. We have really different writing styles and ideas and are struggling to put it into a format that we can do anything with
33. But we have a blast emailing each other from work with ideas for the ongoing saga
34. It makes me laugh out loud at my desk a lot
35. And my coworkers all know I’m goofing off
36. But I figure the worst thing they can do is fire me and then I will be a stay-at-home mom again
37. I am an Aries
38. I take this to mean that I speak before I act. A lot.
39. I hope this is something I learn to control better
40. Because I think that I don’t express myself well
41. I have a lot of deep feelings for people in my life, but I have a hard time telling them and sounding sincere
42. I worry that they don’t know how much I care
43. I pray that I can find the right words to tell them someday
44. I am not a thoughtful person
45. And only think of nice things to do or say when it’s too late
46. I pray that this is something I get better at soon
47. Because when people are thoughtful to me, it warms my heart so much
48. My friend sent me a card in the mail a few months ago
49. And I still cry when I think about how much it meant to me (thanks Jen!)
50. I hate the Winter.
51. It bums me out
52. Unless it’s a snow day and I get to stay home
53. It was nice to stay home all winter last year
54. But I’m doing okay this year
55. I even shower in the morning
56. Which is huge for me – because in years past, I would lay in bed and be late for work
57. I am rarely late for work anymore
58. I take this as a sign of huge improvement
59. I hope I can keep it up!
60. I have several friends that I met online that I have never met
61. I may get to meet one of them in March when she travels to Savannah
62. I can’t tell you how much this excites me
63. I have been posting on the same message board for 2 years and I consider these ladies my friends
64. I didn’t think the internet would be such an integral part of my life
65. But I’m glad to have so much information and possibilities at my fingertips
66. If only I can figure out how to make money off it : )
67. I don’t think I give Devin enough credit for being so awesome
68. He has worked so hard on himself and I couldn’t be prouder
69. We live in a lower-income neighborhood
70. And I don’t lock my car doors
71. But I lock them in other people’s neighborhoods
72. Our house looks like crap from the outside
73. I think we are both overwhelmed with the work that needs to be done
74. There are houses up the road going for $400,000 because in our city, its trendy to revitalize poor areas
75. I am hoping the rich people will build around us and we won’t ever have to move
76. I love living hear downtown, I am always going away from rush-hour traffic
77. But I hate having people over to my house because Devin junks up the yard and our siding and windows look so awful (and no, I’m not exaggerating) that its embarrassing
78. I wish I wasn’t so easily embarrassed!
79. One of my big regrets is being such an unhealthy eater when I was pregnant
80. Not because I think it affected Lily
81. But because I gained weight in weird places, split my abdominal muscles, and now have a permanent muffin top
82. Because of the split ab muscles, I look pregnant after a big meal or when I’m bloated
83. I cannot rock empire-waisted shirts because people will surely ask when I’m due.
84. I do believe Lily is the best thing that has ever happened to me
85. I get sad when I think about how fast time is speeding by.
86. I love that she talks so much now
87. She makes me laugh every day with the things she says
88. She is also very well-dressed
89. She has more name-brand clothes and shoes than I do.
90. Actually, I feel that I am very good at styling Lily and always make sure that she matches
91. I’m really bad at doing these things on myself and can’t figure why
92. My 10 year high school reunion is apparently coming up soon
93. I’m glad I’m still friends with people I went to high school with, so we can all go together
94. In fact, the people I went to high school with are some of my favorite people in the world and I’m damn lucky that they were open-minded and awesome enough to be friends with the weird goth girl when everyone else thought I was strange
95. I feel like I should send them thank-you cards daily
96. Lily is trying to climb on my lap right now
97. She is saying something about Halloween and pumpkins
98. And asking me to “hold it, mama!”
99. I have a very affectionate baby
100. I look forward to the next year of watching her grow

Okay, now its everyone else's turn!

Labels:

9 Comments:

  • At Sun Jan 27, 01:07:00 PM 2008, Blogger Lew said…

    I LOVED reading this...I feel like I know so much more about you now. You are so awesome and I'm happy you did this.

     
  • At Sun Jan 27, 04:11:00 PM 2008, Blogger Leslie said…

    Lora, I loved reading this, too! Thank you for sharing such intimate thoughts with us!

    In response -

    7. I didn't know that! Of course, I should have realized Recovery is an ongoing process. You know you always have your friends (including me) to support you in that.

    17 - 20. Your blog is refreshingly honest! The fact that you didn't share a particular aspect of your life doesn't mean you are being deceptive. You are still very much allowed your privacy, of course. (Just more pictures of Lily)!

    44. Yes you are! I am surprised you don't think so!

    77. You have nothing to be embarrassed about! No one cares what your house looks like, I promise. When I go over there, I go to visit you and Lily. That's all that matters to me!

    81. YOU ARE CRAZY.

    94. I didn't think you were strange! I thought it was so cool I knew someone who could get me into the Baha. (Or whatever that club was we went to one time - you, me, and Amy).

     
  • At Sun Jan 27, 11:34:00 PM 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I MADE YOU BLOG. WEE! I cant wait to meet you either. Neat list. Im doing it on myspace but less like a conversation and more like a list. lol.
    Debra

     
  • At Tue Jan 29, 12:02:00 AM 2008, Blogger Sitting In Silence said…

    This would have to be one of the best blog posts I have ever read.

    Thanks for being so honest and sharing it with us....

    Lily always looks just beautiful and from your posts she is such a credit to you....

    x

     
  • At Tue Jan 29, 04:53:00 PM 2008, Blogger Just the Sous Chef said…

    Oh Lora, I loved reading this. I have always thought your blog was open and honest. It is nice to learn more about you though! Thanks for sharing! I too, consider us friends (the internet does have a lot of good qualities! :) And thanks for helping me find a sling/wrap for my baby girl!!!

     
  • At Wed Jan 30, 05:12:00 PM 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Two words....SWEATER VEST.

    I'm so telling Melissa! Ha, Ha, Ha!

     
  • At Thu Jan 31, 02:51:00 PM 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aw, Beth you don't have to tell me, I saw with my own eyes! lol, it wasn't AS bad as I thought it would be. Good thing he hasn't said "Good deal" yet, then I've lost hope.

     
  • At Wed Feb 06, 11:51:00 AM 2008, Blogger Lauren said…

    Is that what it is called, split abdomen muscles? I have it too, and I did eat healthy when I was pregnant - so it makes no difference!

     
  • At Thu Feb 14, 11:19:00 AM 2008, Blogger Lew said…

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY!! Just wanted to give Lily a shout out today and wish her the best. Wish we could come to her party!!!
    Love, Leslie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home