Friday, November 16, 2007

My Baby's Gone


My heart is broken in a thousand pieces right now. I just took Lily and my Mom to the airport -- they are heading to Germany for the next 10 days. Their plane has not even taken off yet and its taking every inch of strength in my body not to drive back to the airport and tell my mom to bring the baby out. I've never been away from Lily this long before and I think its gonna be really hard. Poor thing has been especially clingy and whiny lately, since getting her bottom "fangs". Luckily, the teeth have just popped through so that means happier times ahead. Mom called from the airport a few minutes ago and said Lily is so excited about seeing the airplanes that she hasn't even missed her parents yet. I hope she has a great time and I'm so glad she gets another chance to spend time with my German family.

My job has been going pretty well, I am finally starting to adjust. I'm not sure what the long-term holds for me, but I definately like my work environment. I still wish it was only 3 days a week though, because I sure miss Lily!

I just talked to my Mom on the phone (she is in the plane, but on the tarmac still) and she said Lily is an old pro -- she already has her tray table down and is chatting away with the passengers. She apparently told the gate agent that she was going on "an airplane to Hawaii" and the whole crowd at the gate laughed and said she'd surely be disappointed when she stepped out in the cold air of Germany. That goober -- man, I miss her already!

To get us all through the sadness, I am posting a video of my baby counting in 3 languages:




7 Comments:

  • At Sat Nov 17, 12:29:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I miss her too :(
    I could watch her count forever- it's cute every time!

     
  • At Sat Nov 17, 08:17:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    thats so cute! I'm so glad you posted that!

     
  • At Sun Nov 18, 08:59:00 PM 2007, Blogger Sitting In Silence said…

    That is just adorable,she is very clever...

    Dont you just love them at this stage.....

    Danielle From AU.

     
  • At Mon Nov 19, 05:38:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lauren said…

    I know you will miss Lily terribly. Just don't forget to enjoy the free time!

     
  • At Mon Nov 19, 10:16:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    10 days, I don't know if I should be jealous or sad with you.

    Try and enjoy it and do all those things you can't do when she is around.... like sleep in.

     
  • At Wed Nov 21, 02:00:00 PM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    Lily is so smart! I don't even know one number in German, let alone three.

    I know you miss her. :( I hope the time passes quickly for you!

     
  • At Wed Nov 21, 06:48:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My favorite part was the itty bitty freakout at the end when you told her to say goodbye to the camera. Silly Lily! Also, I am so impressed with what a little smarty pants she is, I love how she is so interactive with you. Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home