Sunday, October 07, 2007

Renessaince*Festival!

Wow, we had such an amazing time, it's hard to know where to begin! Today, we visited the Ren Fest with our friends Didi and Caiti and friends of Didi's. Despite the heat, we had a wonderful day! Actually, its one of the best days I can remember having in recent memory. Good food, good fun, and awesome friends!

Here is Lily during our "lunch" -- she didn't eat a bite of my yummy bread bowl, but she did snack on some animal crackers Didi (aka the Lifesaver!) brought with her. I think she was very overwhelmed with all the sights and sounds and smell (ew, patchouli).

Right after lunch, Caiti took my girl up on a g-i-a-n-t rocking horse. I thought for sure Lily would be scared, but instead she just smiled big and screamed "Wee! Wee!"

Check out Lily's garb -- I dressed her in her Halloween costume. Lily is a gypsy :)


In the woods...


Didi took Lily on an Elephant ride! Things went well at first, but toward the end, she tried to stand up and Didi had to hang onto her tight!


She liked the sheep at the petting zoo and kept trying to feed them dirt. They were not amused.


Up next, the joy of Lily's desire -- THE SWING. This girl has a serious affinity for swings, so I stuck her on this ride because I knew she'd love it, but honestly I didn't know if she'd be willing to go it alone. I needn't have worried. She ended up going twice (thanks, Caiti!) and loving every darn second and not needing her mommy at all. When it was finally time to pull her out, she actually grabbed her seatbelt from me and tried to put it back on!


We all enjoyed the Joust! Lily loved her unicorn/horsey that Caiti brought for her and she repeatedly tried to perch it precariously on her stroller tray. And every time the purple pony would take a nosedive, Lily would cry and want it back. Here she is with her pony perfectly propped, observing a real horse in the joust.


And last, but not least, the BEST thing EVER. My girl got huge "Awww's" from the crowd at the Belly Dancing performance. Why? Because she mosied her little jingly bottom right up in front of the stage to do her own dancing. The woman who led the belly dancers is a lady I actually took a pregnancy belly dancing class from, so I guess Lily remembered the pointers from back then! She even got a shout out -- the head lady said "Here comes my favorite little belly dancer!" as Lily made her way toward the stage! Wow, she's totally famous.

Check out these moves!

Slow Dance..



Fast Dance...



A HUGE thank you to Caiti and Didi, who spoiled my baby and I rotten today with good friendship and lots of fun! As broke and stressed as I am, I truly felt like the luckiest girl in the world today. Having good friends, a good man, and cute babe can do that for ya!

2 Comments:

  • At Fri Oct 12, 08:01:00 PM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    WOw! Lily is brave, brave, brave. I don't think I would have gotten on that rocking horse or the elephant!

    What a personable little girl you have! I love how she dances around in the video. So cute!

     
  • At Thu Nov 01, 10:35:00 PM 2007, Blogger bkitty aka heather said…

    yay i got to see the videos. i should teach lily some, stuff nixy loves to practice with me. i think theyd have fun. shes so cute and perfect.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home