Seriously Adorable
Allow me to show you a typical weekend with Lily:
Showing off what I have dubbed as "The Eyebrows of Death" at Chili's at lunch on Sunday. This was in response to her Dad telling her she wasn't allowed to stand up in her chair. We get this look whenver anything happens that Lily finds disagreeable. Sometimes just when the wind blows wrong. Fickle toddler, that one.
In full on meltdown mode (still at lunch) because she dropped her crayons one too many times and finally, we put the kabosh on poor Aunt Caiti retrieving them. Lily loves "colors" and gets mad when she isn't allowed to color. Last week, she used a pen and made a lovely design on my sheets. I learned my lesson, she only colors with crayons now.
Showing off her climbing skills. On the back dashboard of my car.
And the Piece de Resistance! Lily found my lipstick in my night stand drawer. She made herself pretty. Before I could get too many good shots, she rubbed it all off. On my pants. Yeah, thanks.
So, yeah, Toddlerhood has provided a lot of adventures thus far and I'm sure, there are plenty more to come. Despite the frustration and whatnot, I get lots of laughs and lots of sweet hugs and kisses all day long. Thank God for those tender moments, it makes it so much easier to clean the high chair/floor/surrounding furniture/wall hangings after dinner.
3 Comments:
At Mon Sep 10, 09:05:00 PM 2007,
Lauren said…
Love the many faces of Lily - the eyebrow hunch is my favorite, though.
And love the lipstick, at least she knows it goes on the face!
At Tue Sep 11, 09:18:00 AM 2007,
Avery & Hailey said…
Lily is a trip!!!
At Tue Sep 11, 07:27:00 PM 2007,
Leslie said…
I burst into laughter when I saw Lily climbing on the dashboard of your car. I love that girl.
Post a Comment
<< Home