Sunday, July 08, 2007

Okay, so our big computer is still actin' a fool, but our laptop has graciously stepped in as an adequate replacement. We still have to attach it to the scanner and I can honestly say that I hate using this silly touch-mouse-pad-thingy, but I'm grateful to have access to the internet. I also figured out how to unload my camera, on this computer, so I'm now able to work on my blog again. I know you've missed me (okay, well, Lily).
Let's see, where to begin...

Lily is getting a new tooth or two. Her 2 bottom ones are erupting and 2 molars in the back are now poking through. She is also saying cute things like "Hold it" when she wants to be held or when she wants to hold something. On a more disgusting note, we had a follow up to Poostravaganza 2007 this morning -- Lily took off a poopy diaper in her crib while she was supposed to be napping. It got on her crib, her sheets, her dolls, herself and her carpet. Super. Lucky for me, it was hard turds, so there wasn't too much goo or smearage (excuse the graphicness).

Now for the "What I did on my Summer Vacation" part of the story. We've tried to get out on the boat every weekend lately, now the the weather has been good. I'm pleased to announce that I am barely passable at the following watersports:

Kneeboarding

Water Skiing

and Wakeboarding!


The 4th Of July was fun around here this year! My mom, sister, Lily and I headed to Crowder's Mountain for a hike (read: leisurely walk). Lily loved being able to run around freely and really enjoyed waving at her own shadow (she calls it a "shah-shew").






Lily loved the fireworks and kept saying "Bi-werks! Boom Boom!" We watched them off S Kings and had a great view in a parking lot off the beaten path.



I have also been keeping Brendon two days a week since Amy has started back to work. Its hard to keep an eight year old entertained, but its sure nice to have someone to help me keep Lily occupied. We've taken various field trips and last week, we hit up the Schiele Museum in Gastonia. It was so cute, the kids mined for gems and fossils and had fun on the nature walk.




This past Saturday, we attended Jack's 2nd Birthday party and the kiddos had such a good time. Here's a group shot of the guests in attendance:

And for my final update -- I have great news! Lily and I will be leaving at the end of July and heading to Germany until August 10th! WOOHOO! We are so excited because I can spend time with my family and finally meet my cousin's sweet baby Melina, who was born this past January. Once again, my friend Beth came through with the buddy passes, so we are getting a good deal.

The one sour note is that when I come home, it will be really time to buckle down and get a job. Devin and I have (for the moment) settled on me getting a part time job to help pay the bills, but also having time home with Lily. I'm hoping that will go as planned! I have also had a ginormous case of baby fever lately, so we are talking about possibly having another baby...sometime in the next ten years. Our goal is to get into a nicer living situation (read: out of this neighborhood) and to have a decent income to support two children. Sounds rather impossible, but that's where we're at. I'll keep ya'll posted on that!

4 Comments:

  • At Sun Jul 08, 03:04:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lauren said…

    The fireworks shot of Lily is too cute!! Sounds like you guys have had a great summer already.

    I could feel the baby fever from many feet way. It isn't contagious, is it?

    Thanks so much for coming yesterday! Jack loved seeing Lily, and of course, everyone their thought she was beautiful!

     
  • At Sun Jul 08, 03:06:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lauren said…

    it should say "there" - i need a nap.

     
  • At Mon Jul 09, 10:31:00 AM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    I am impressed with your watersports skills! Look at you!

    Lily looks so cute in her holiday skirt. Girls have the most adorable clothes!

    We had fun seeing you at the party! I couldn't believe it when Lily went down the slide by herself. Such a big girl!

     
  • At Mon Jul 09, 08:48:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was wondering what Lily Pie was up to these days.

    Cutie she is.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home