Zoo Trip!
Lily and I finally made it to the zoo! We had an extended playdate at the North Carolina Zoo on Saturday and the weather couldn't have been better. Especially since we walked probably 4 or 5 miles in total. Amy P, what was the final pedometer tally?
And my Mommies-in-Crime Leslie with Sam, Me with Lily, Beth with Avery, and Amy P with Andrew. I love how blogging connected us all :)
One of the first things we saw was the elephants. Lily was mildly impressed and seemed to want to climb the fence and go in there with them. Mommy said heck-to-the-no to that idea and took a picture instead.
We stopped at the carousel after lunch for a ride. Lily had a blast and waved and smiled the whole time...
After lunch, Lily missed the bears and the prarie and the one mile walk to the other half of the park because she was passed out cold. I would've prefered to sleep through the walk too, I'm way too physically unfit for all that!
We had a terrific time and hope to do it again soon! Note to Rachel: You were not left out on purpose -- Amy P thought you'd be in Florida. We can totally schedule a make-up trip anytime!
7 Comments:
At Sun Jun 03, 08:43:00 PM 2007,
Lauren said…
The zoo looks like way more fun than I remember it. I love the pic of Lily hatching out of the egg and the one where she is sleeping!
Glad you guys had fun!
At Sun Jun 03, 09:44:00 PM 2007,
Leslie said…
Awesome pictures! I'm trying to figure out how I can send you ALL the pictures I took. I tried sending a compressed file through gmail, but it was taking FOREVER....
I'm sure the other mothers at the zoo thought I was HORRIBLE for abusing my child by making him sit through that carousel ride, which he obviously hated. :)
At Mon Jun 04, 07:44:00 AM 2007,
Amy said…
We had an absolutely wonderful experience at the zoo. I like all of the adorable pics of the babies. Thanks for inviting us and driving us;)
At Mon Jun 04, 08:57:00 AM 2007,
Rachel said…
Yes, yes, *sigh* after the sharp pain in my back is gone I'm sure I will get over it. :) I'm only forgiving y'all because we couldn't have made it anyway. Plus Kirby was having some asthma issues and I would have had to back out.
It looks like it was a wonderful time. We will deffinitely want to go next time. :)
At Mon Jun 04, 07:29:00 PM 2007,
Anonymous said…
Rachel, I know how you feel, I have been busy giving Leslie grief the past few days for not inviting me either. Her weak excuse is, "But I did! Your cell phone was dead!" Suuuuure. I told her that if you and lora were with her that you guys were on my naughty list as well. Looks like its just Lora and Leslie! :) Although with such cute pics and amusing stories, I feel as though I was there without all the walking, so perhaps this is the best of both worlds.
Lora, Lily is adorable as always, glad you guys had a great time!
At Tue Jun 05, 11:14:00 AM 2007,
Avery & Hailey said…
Avery and I had so much fun!!! It was nice getting to finally meet you all in person! We'll have to get together again soon.
At Thu Jun 07, 04:46:00 PM 2007,
Charlotte : ) said…
Hi Lora -
This is Cat's friend Charlotte. I just wanted to let you know (and all of her Blogland friends) that Catherine and Bill brought a very healthy, VERY pink and very beautiful little girl into the world this morning. Mommy and baby are doing just fine. Thank you so much for all the prayers and support!
Love,
Charlotte
Post a Comment
<< Home