A Day At The Ranch
Thursday was so much fun! I was watching Brendon again and in order to keep such an active 8 year old entertained, I came up with a fun day trip. Along with my friend Beth and her 2 kiddos (Keegan 6 and Claudia 20 months), we headed for a fun day at the Lazy*5*Ranch. I had no idea how up close and personal you could get with those animals!


The pigs were a big hit with the kiddos -- anything stinky and covered in mud is always fun! 

Lily liked watching the cows and donkeys too, although they seemed to not really notice her.

Here is Brendon feeding a llama (Lily called it a Meemah)
Beth and Keegan feeding the Ostrich. I'll be honest, the ostriches kind of reminded me of that scene in Jurassic*Park where that cute dino turns into a monster and sprays the big guy with a blinding spray. We had to be sure to keep the bucket on the outside of the car window, because feeding these things is a messy endeavor!
The little blondies like to hang out the window and wave at all the neat animals
I have no clue what these things are. They had tons of animals that vaguely resembled goats/deer/antelope/moose -- what on earth are these things?
Lily takes a walk around the picnic area
I have more pictures to come, but my stupid computer dies every 10 minutes, so I have to hurry and load the pics and then go on the lap top to add the commentary. Anyone who feels like fixing the power source for our computer, just feel free to come on over!
3 Comments:
At Sun Jul 01, 09:17:00 AM 2007,
Leslie said…
I love the Lazy 5 Ranch! Those animals are not shy at all - they come right up to you!
I had to do a double take for the "blondies" shot. I couldn't tell which was Claudia and which was Lily!
At Sun Jul 01, 09:19:00 AM 2007,
Leslie said…
Sorry! Apparently, my grammar takes a break on Sunday mornings. That should be WHO was Claudia and WHO was Lily. Right? I think? Or should it be which one was Claudia and which one was Lily? I think I need more coffee.
At Mon Jul 02, 08:41:00 PM 2007,
Lauren said…
It looks like the kids loved their trip - I have got to take Jack there!
Hope to see you soon, like Saturday!?!
Post a Comment
<< Home