Saturday, June 16, 2007

Ocean Isle!

Prepare yourself from some really great pics of our beach trip to Ocean Isle this week. Are you ready? Ok....BEGIN!

Lily's first night at the beach and loving the sand already!



Thursday was a tad too cool for swimming, so we headed to Alligator Adventure for the day! It was so cool! Lily spent the first part of the day in a Mai Tai sling that Cookie (Amy's boyfriend's sister-in-law) loaned me. She loved it :)



Looks like a fun place to swim, right?



Lily peers into a pit of baby alligators...


...and then I let her pet one. Yes, safety is my goal.


Haley, Brendon, Ava, and Lily ride an alligator. Poor Lily thought it was real at first and didn't want to get on. Of course, she changed her mind when the big kids jumped on. Peer pressure works everytime.




I love how close we got to get to the tigers!



Lily's souvenir -- a stuffed gator she hugged the whole way home



A group shot of Cookie (you can't even tell she's 8 months preggo from straight on), her daughters Haley and Ava, Amy and Brendon, and Me and Lily (again in the Mei Tai carrier -- I love that thing!)



That's one way to eat watermelon!



Amy and Brendon snuggling (he loves it)



Lily loved the pier, but there was no way I was gonna let her run around on it, so she was confined to her stroller.

She loved the actual beach even more!




She got mad when I made her hold my hand in the water (she kept running TOWARD the waves), so I put her on the sand to finish her tantrum



After the beach, we had to strip completely down to remove the sand before I put her in the car. Look at the sweet naked baby bottom!



So, we are home and exhausted today and looking forward to Father's Day tomorrow. Sweet Lily is happy to be back in her own bed and back in her cloth diapers. Also, I had a little gift to myself waiting in the mailbox when I got home last night...
A Mei Tai of my own :)


5 Comments:

  • At Sat Jun 16, 03:37:00 PM 2007, Blogger Rudy said…

    Looks like a rocking good time! So glad you enjoyed your trip. That Mei Tai is so cool! Lily is beautimous like always :)You are becoming a geniune crunchy mama!

     
  • At Sun Jun 17, 03:41:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lew said…

    I want a Mei Tai!! How do I get one? I love Ocean Isle so much! Glad you guys had fun.

     
  • At Sun Jun 17, 08:36:00 PM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    Cool! Where did you get the Mei Tai? Lily looks so snug and comfy in it.

    She is a brave girl! I could never pet an alligator like that.

     
  • At Mon Jun 18, 07:11:00 AM 2007, Blogger Amy said…

    I am so glad that you guys were able to come down. I loved having all of the girls together at the beach. The kids all got along so well.
    Your pics look great. I love the one with naked Lily...

     
  • At Tue Jun 19, 01:57:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lauren said…

    You guys had a jam packed trip - the alligators looked like...well they looked scary, but I could see the kids loving it.

    Lily looks so happy to be there, except for the tantrum picture - I have seen that pose soooo many times.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home