Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Lily says...


Lily comes up with something new every week, I just have to record them for posterity:


"I Guck!" when she gets stuck anywhere -- it started when her leg got "guck" in the bars of her crib, but now anytime she can't wiggle free, she is "guck" and lets you know -- loudly.

"Poooopeee!" which is said when I remove her diaper. She waves her hand in front of her nose like it stinks. Which it does. She says it like she's saying "Poo-eee!" when you smell something bad, but I guess she always hears it associated with Poop, so it got combined somehow.

"Sayyee" she says when she hurts herself. She has heard me say "sorry" a billion times when I clumsily knock her head into something while holding her or trip over her while I'm walking.

"I bupped" when she burps. I have no clue where she learned that one. Devin?

"Schthloo Schthloo" when trying to say Noodle. It sounds very German.

"Breck. Pin-sess. Dankey. Dah-gon" for the characters in Shrek, her new favorite movie. Shrek, Princess, Donkey, and the Dragon make daily appearances on my TV thanks to 2 new DVDs of Shrek 1 and 2 because my baby can't live without them.

I'm sure there's more, so I will add them onto this post as they come to me. Lily is currently in her bed, passed out for naptime. We have been babysitting a lot recently and she gets to excited by her new friends, that its hard for her to wind down. We have Brendon with us today and Thursday and are really enjoying his company. Except when he farts. Which is often, because he's an 8 year old boy and that is hilarious at this age. Okay, I laugh too -- except when I'm trapped in a car with him!

Okay, I will sign off now with a promise of more pics to come. Little Miss Lily is growing up faster than I can process some days. Meanwhile, my unemployment is running out next week, I believe, so its time to start looking for a job. I was dreading this day and it has come seemingly too soon. My current plan is to watch Brendon a few days a week for side money, go to Germany in August for 2 weeks, and then try to find a part time job when I return. Wish me luck (and keep your eyes peeled for any opportunities!).

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home