Thursday, September 06, 2007

Lily and her buds

Sorry for the lack of posts, I just haven't had much to say. Little Lily has been on a language kick lately and picks up a new word or two everyday. It's amazing to watch!

Her other new favorite things are Teletubbies (she can name them all), Thomast the Train, and Finding*Nemo. I never planned on being a mom that let her kid watch all that TV. I also never planned on having a kid that could turn on the TV herself and then SCREAMMMMM until you find the appropriate show. If it helps, she also "reads" her Thomas and Teletubbies books.

Last week, Lily and I attended her friend Claudia's baptism. I suppose I shouldn't have put her in a white dress because even the priest was confused as to which kid he should baptize! I told him it would save me quite a bit of trouble if he'd do my kid too, but apparently, they have rules about that kind of thing.

We also had a visit from our favorite infant, Leah Catherine. She is a lot like Lily (as much as I am like LC's mom, Beth) in that she is hitting her milestones super-early. Leah Catherine is barely six months old and can stand, scoot, and make an awesome banshee noise. In this pic, Lily is modelling her winter hat for LC.




This past week has been very busy! We have had a bunch of kiddos in our home and Lily has eaten it up!

First Sam came over on Tuesday (so his mommy could pick up the stroller I borrowed from her over a month ago -- Sorry, Leslie!). Lily just lights up around Sam, they play so well together. And she follows him around puppy-dog style. And eats all his goldfish.

Lily bustin' a move while Sam watches in horror :)


Right before Leslie walked out the door, my very overwhelmed friend, Heather, stopped in to nurse her baby and hang out for a bit. She brought 2 year old Phoenix and 3 month old Lucien (pictured here, enjoying Lily's swing that we are selling this week)


About an hour after Leslie left, Beth H dropped off Claudia so I could watch her while her mommy went to a meeting for work. Claudia cried the first 15 or so minutes. In the midst of all these kids, Devin showed up on his lunch break to visit. You could see in his eyes, he was a little overwhelmed to see Heather breastfeeding Lucien on the couch, Claudia screaming her head off, Lily trying to calm Claudia down ("It okay, Kayyah!") and 2 year old Phoenix, tearing through the house moving all the toys into whatever room they don't belong in.

Eventually, Claudia settled down and Heather and her brood headed home and I was left with just the two girls, playing quietly until Claudia got picked up. Needless to say, Lily did not get a good nap that day and may, in fact, still be recovering from it. It was so nice to have a houseful of kids, its even nicer when they entertain eachother.


Lily-ism of the week: In the car yesterday, Lily and Phoenix sat side by side in the backseat while Heather and I went househunting (for them, not us) and the girls started making spitting noises and then laughing hysterically and then Lily started saying "I Funny! I Funny!"
She really is funny. And amazing. And Cute. And I am so sad that her two top eye teeth are erupting because right now, she is whiny. And Cranky. And Moody. Eh...just like her Mommy :)

3 Comments:

  • At Thu Sep 06, 08:47:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I guess that must be Lily's favorite gangster rap song. I'm glad to see her skills have improved. Maybe we could put the suits back on and try again!

     
  • At Thu Sep 06, 09:05:00 PM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    Awesome post, Lora! Sorry about those teeth poking through. If it makes any difference, I thought she was an absolute delight when we saw you guys! I just wish Sam had enjoyed DJ Kool a little bit more. ;)

     
  • At Thu Sep 06, 09:28:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lauren said…

    So glad to get an update on Lora and Lily!

    Thanks for the blog lady info!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home