Wednesday, September 26, 2007

WOW!


So, it looks like Lily-Pie will be heading to Hawaii!!! Yes, you read that right and feel free to crap your pants, because that's what I did!

Dev's awesome sister works for Delta, so Dev and his Dad fly free. The three of them, plus me and Lily (on a buddy pass) are heading to Honolulu on October 15th for a family vacation! It's hilarious because I'm SO INCREDIBLY BROKE. I have no job and literally have $30 in my bank account today. Devin (have I mentioned I love him?) and his Dad have offered to pay for all the expenses of the vacation, so that Lily and I can come along. Dev's Dad even offered to babysit while we're there, so Devin and I can do fun couple stuff. I have a few ideas -- namely snorkeling and parasailing, but we shall see...

I am literally getting choked up, thinking about this amazing opportunity. I am so darn blessed to have such great people in my life all the way around. I have some amazingly supportive friends and a kick-ass family. A girl could not ask for more!

On the job front, things are only going okay. I had a wonderful interview for a company I really want to work for and all the checkpoints are there (except insurance, but I can buy my own, I suppose), but they have had trouble fitting me in for a second interview because of the tight schedule. I really feel strongly that this is the right job for me at this point in my life, so I am open to waiting for that interview (but still looking around in the meantime, of course!). So, please keep your fingers crossed for me!

I am still not entirely convinced about Hawaii, I am in denial that we are actually going! I asked Lily if she wants to go to Hawaii today and I showed her a picture on the internet of a scene from the travel site I was looking at -- the picture was a mountain, trees, and a river (the harbor, i guess?). Afterwards, Lily disappeared and then returned with a postcard that her Aunt Deanna had sent long ago from Ottowa, Canada. The picture was a river, surrounded with trees and mountains. Lily handed me the postcard and said "Hawaii??" clear as day. You don't have to say it , I know. She's brilliant.
In this picture, she is saying "Cheese!"


7 Comments:

  • At Wed Sep 26, 02:33:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lauren said…

    That is such a fabulous news - a trip to Hawaii! I am so jealous, I have always wanted to go there. I know you will have a blast!

     
  • At Wed Sep 26, 05:14:00 PM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    OH MY GOODNESS! That is absolutely incredible news! Like Lauren, I am so jealous. How fantastic you all get to do this!

    I will be crossing my fingers for you on the job front.

     
  • At Thu Sep 27, 12:18:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That is AWESOME girl!!! Have a blast and tell me all about it when you get back. I still can't believe that Jon and I are going to Hawaii for our honeymoon. I have all of my fingers crossed for you on the job hunt. Wow, it's really difficult to find a good one these days. Life is great when you realize how much love surrounds you isn't it?

     
  • At Thu Sep 27, 03:48:00 PM 2007, Blogger Amy said…

    Yay, you guys are going to have an absolutely wonderful time in Hawaii! I can't wait to hear all of the details and see all of the pics.

     
  • At Tue Oct 02, 07:14:00 PM 2007, Blogger Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…

    One word: Jealous

    I hope you guys have the best time out in Hawaii. I'll live vicariously through you I guess. Take lots of pics for us schmucks back home.

     
  • At Tue Oct 02, 08:37:00 PM 2007, Blogger Rachel said…

    Can I hide in your suitcase? I'll sleep on a lawn chair outside and not even bother you the whole time.

     
  • At Thu Oct 04, 12:20:00 PM 2007, Blogger MommyofTwo said…

    WoW!!! I am so jealous. It sounds like so much fun and I hope you guys have a wonderful trip!! I can't wait to read all about it and see all of the pics!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home