A Late 18 Month Appt
So, Lily had her 18 month appointment today (even though she is well into her 19 month, but whatever, close enough). It didn't go so well, she was upset pretty much as soon as they took us into our room.
She still is shaped like a Q-tip -- tall, skinny, and with a big head. She weighed in at 23 lbs 6 oz (25%), 32.5 inches tall (75%) and a 48 cm head. The doctor said she wasn't worried about the fact that Lily's weight and height were so disproportionate, she thinks that is just her natural build.
She had some shots today and another iron test (her 12 month one was borderline and we are pretty much vegetarian) and she hated every moment of that -- she kept screaming "All done! All done! Mama, hold it! Hold it!" -- but her iron level was normal and the shots were over fast. I hate shots, I delayed the Hep A booster until age 2 to cut down on getting so many at once.
We also talked with the Dr about seeing a pediatric neurosurgeon for a consult. It looks like Miss Lily's skull plates closed up a bit too early and are making kind of point. You can't tell by looking, but you can feel it. The doc is not concerned bc Lily's great developmentally and her head is so big anyway, but she suggested the consult just to be sure. I will keep ya'll posted on that, but I'm thinking its no big deal.
Lily was so tired that she fell asleep in her high chair at lunch today. All that screaming can wear a girl out! On her changing table, she asked for her blanket while I was carefully wiping the peanut butter off her eyelids. Once I stuck her in the crib, she grabbed her blanket and sighed contentedly and drifted off into dreamland. And now I am on the computer, writing a blog instead of getting ready for my interview. Prioritites, you see.
Just wanted to mention another milestone that Lily has reached as of (semi-)recently (I really am a horrible blogger). Lily is getting more and more proficient with pronouns and possession. She says "Wawee's (she calls herself Wawee) Hair" or "Wawee's Toy, Mommy's Toy" and she can say "I" and "me" appropriately. Her newest achievement is "I want..." and she has been using it a LOT. Its too cute!
And in mommy news...I had a job interivew for a PT job last week and one for a FT position this week. Keep your fingers crossed for me because funds are running *low* and I desperately need a jobby job :) The part time job is the most promising. I'm supposed to have a follow-up interview early next week, so send some good thoughts my way. Dev has been reallly awesome about supporting the family while my finances are dry, but its not a burden he wants to keep up with forever. And to be honest, a part time job would be just perfect. For me, it may be the best of both worlds.
4 Comments:
At Fri Sep 21, 02:15:00 AM 2007,
CAGB said…
Good luck! :o)
At Fri Sep 21, 09:57:00 PM 2007,
Anonymous said…
All the best and I'm sure Lily will check out fine too.
At Fri Sep 21, 10:13:00 PM 2007,
Leslie said…
Best of luck to you on the job interviews! You are so personable; I'm sure any employer would love to have you around!
At Fri Sep 21, 11:00:00 PM 2007,
Sitting In Silence said…
What a beautiful blog...Lily is a doll....
Best of luck.
Danielle
Post a Comment
<< Home