Unwilling to Pack
So we are leaving either tomorrow or Monday for Honolulu and instead of cleaning, doing laundry, and packing, I am playing on the computer having a little too much fun.
I know you have always wondered what it would look like if we were Simpson characters in Hawaii, right? Observe my boredom in action (and in Photoshop!):
I know you have always wondered what it would look like if we were Simpson characters in Hawaii, right? Observe my boredom in action (and in Photoshop!):
Me
In other news, it looks like I may actually be gainfully employed! I was made an offer (verbally) on Friday, but have to wait til next week (via email, i suppose) to get a firm offer. It looks like it will be a temp to perm opportunity full-time as a Strategic Accounts Coordinator, which sounds infinately more complicated than it is. I will announce the company as soon as I have an official offer, but its in the same industry as my last job.I am sad to go back to work full time. I am excited to rejoin the workforce and actually earn some money. I am torn in two! This past year has been the best year of my life. It was a gift that I never expected and I certainly didn't expect to make it a whole year from when I was laid off. So, wish me luck and all that good stuff that working agrees with me! I promise to post lots of pics when we get back from vacation. In the meantime, show this blog some love with comments, because I take it personally when you don't ;)
Oh, one more thing! Congrats to Mary & Wade on the birth of their lovely daughter, Llandis Chandler. I got to meet the little beauty in person yesterday and she is gorgeous beyond words! I apologize for the grainy pic, I took it with my video camera.
And on that note, I leave you with a picture that Devin took of Lily the other night. She was in one of those coma-deep sleeps, so he laid her in her tent and surrounded her with every single one of her most obnoxious toys that light up, move, and make copious amounts of noise. And then he turned them all on. Since she didn't wake, he took pictures. Meanie. :)
5 Comments:
At Sun Oct 14, 09:28:00 AM 2007,
Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…
Congrats on the offer! I know personally how hard it is to return to the work force, but you'll do fine after a week or so. Just think of that first pay check.
Have tons of fun in Hawaii for all of us back here in boring NC. I'm still jealous!
At Sun Oct 14, 07:14:00 PM 2007,
MommyofTwo said…
Have a great time in Hawaii!! I know you guys will love it. Congrats on the job offer! I hope it is everything you want!
At Mon Oct 15, 09:23:00 PM 2007,
Lauren said…
Have fun on your trip!!
At Tue Oct 16, 09:55:00 PM 2007,
Anonymous said…
I wish my kid would sleep deeply like that. Lucky you.
At Thu Oct 18, 08:42:00 AM 2007,
Anonymous said…
Your wish is my command...here is some love with a comment. ;) I am looking forward to seeing pictures of Lily in a mini hula skirt, lei and coconut shells (and you too Lora! Especially the coconut shell top, va va voom). Anyhow, hope you guys are having fun! Congrats on your job offer...I say you work every other year. So just put in your dues this year to squirrel away for next year! :)
P.S. Devin is too funny, that picture is great.
Post a Comment
<< Home