Wednesday, October 31, 2007

"Turkey Tree" (aka Trick Or Treat)

Yes, "Turkey Tree" is Lily-ese for Trick or Treat. We practiced all week for the big event, but I think the most Lily said to the givers of candy was "Tanks, Bye!" So, guess we'll work on Turkey Tree again next year.

We had such a great first Trick or Treating experience! My camera took awful pictures in the dark (by the time it focused and snapped a pic, the subject was long gone), but we managed to capture a few good ones. I think Devin got it all on his video camera, although I'm not sure how it'll turn out without light.
Lily had an amazing Halloween adventure! I expected her to be more timid or even a tad frightened, so you can imagine my surprise when she took off running and screaming with glee.
Check out the pics:
My sister Melissa and Lily dressed up as matching Pumpkins :)

Her first house...boy, she wasn't afraid to grab that candy!



See if you can follow me on this one -- My friend Heather's husband, Buck's, Uncle creates a castle in his Dilworth home every year and this is Lily's first impression of it! There was little stuffed monsters in the yard that Lily looooved..she kept saying "Hi Monster!"




Spooky Fog Picture (Melissa and I went to Scarowinds last night, so I think I've inhaled enough fake fog to last a lifetime!)

She got creeped out for a second when a little girl would be really still in the fog and then jump out and scare kids

Lily was so happy when our friends, Heather and Buck showed up, bringing her friend (and birthday buddy)Pheonix and baby Lucien.


The girls had a blast together, running up the walkways yelling "Go, Go, Go!" and "Run, run, run!" -- Lily was so amped to follow Pheonix to every house. Lily definately got the hang of it really quickly, but there were a few times when Lily and Pheonix would run into the houses or grab a tad too much candy.

Lily barely let me hold her all night, she kept wanting to have Heather hold her -- and who can blame her? Heather was the one taking her to the houses full of candy :)

Around 8, Lily started to get really tired and laid down on the sidewalk to do some stargazing.


Overall, our first Trick Or Treat was a great success!

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home