This week
I have tried to convince Leslie to uproot her family and move to the West Side to be near me so she can watch Lily, but no avail. I do have another daycare in mind, that is $5 more a week and is also closer to my work, so we are thinking about switching. I just get a better "mommy vibe" from daycare #2, so we shall see.
So, because of the raging cutness of our Christmas pics, I dressed Lily up in her soft-white-fluffy outfit the other night. She could not have been more cute and cuddly!
Trying to escape the changing table
Playing with her new favorite toy -- the doggie on the back of the sled wags his tail and the thing plays that song "C'mon its lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with you"
By the way, those are brown furry boots, but the pic is so dark, it looks like her legs got cut off!
I cannot wait to pack this thing up in that attic, because I am tired of hearing it already. She will sit there and push the stinkin' button 100 times in a row.
Another new favorite activity is handing us the Leapfrog letters off the fridge for us to identify them. She handed me an "M" the other day and she gave Devin a "D". We said "M is for ___" and she said "Mama!" and then we said "D is for ____" and she said "Daddy!". We're not sure if this is a coincidence or not, but it was pretty darn cute either way!
So there ya have it, our week in a nutshell. I am still liking my job, but still have my eyes peeled for a part time position. I just feel like it would be better if I was home with Lily more. We will just have to wait and see what God has in store for us, I guess.
3 Comments:
At Sat Dec 08, 04:44:00 PM 2007,
Just the Sous Chef said…
Sorry to hear about the new daycare, and my advice would be to follow your "mother vibe" and try the other one too! Keep us posted, not surprised they are so impressed with your smart little girl!!! Luther loves his leapfrog letters too, so cute M Mommy and D Daddy! Awwwww! She looks adorable and cuddly in that little outfit!
At Sat Dec 08, 05:25:00 PM 2007,
Lauren said…
Lily should be in MENSA. Good luck with daycare decisions - you will make the right decision, and you are right to see what God has in store.
At Mon Dec 10, 11:20:00 AM 2007,
Anonymous said…
Ya know, I woke up one morning after she spent the day playing in the house and I opened my door and was greeted with the letter "M" lying in front of my door, no lie. The first letter she gave Jake was indeed a "J". Oh, she knows!
Post a Comment
<< Home