Sunday, December 02, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!


We had a VERY Christmas-y weekend! On Saturday, we headed to Carolina*Place*Mall for Lily to sit on the lap of a old, bearded man whom she does not know and snap pictures of the event. Of course, she was none-too-thrilled, but she sat with her Daddy and Santa took the time to comfort her and we managed a halfway decent shot. Notice the sweet jacket and hat? They were Birthday presents last year from Caiti, Jen, and Leah.

More Santa pics (with me as the photographer)
Do ya love the ears or what?
My favorite shot
Santa trying to get a high five (didn't work.)

Sunday morning, Lily and I trekked to Indian Trail to meet with our friend Beth and baby Leah Catherine (9 months) and Meagan and baby Annika (4 months). This is the first time that all three girls have been in the same place at the same time! It was so cute to see my daughter next to the daughters of two women whom I very much love and admire and am proud to call my best friends.


Lily and Leah Catherine under the tree

The two little ones struggle as Lily "holds it" under the tree

After our visit, it was time for our little family to go buy a Christmas Tree! Lily is sorta snarfy sick and has been way overtired lately, but she still managed to have a good time and help pick the right tree.

And then she helped decorate our new tree! Although, truth be told, she just found one really sturdy cluster of branches and laid all her ornaments there. It worked great and she definately got the idea!


Daddy hangs the Angel

Annual 'Mommy and Lily in front of the tree' pic

6 Comments:

  • At Sun Dec 02, 10:24:00 PM 2007, Blogger Sitting In Silence said…

    Great Tree, it look's amazing.

    The Santa photo's are just beautiful.

    Danielle. x

     
  • At Sun Dec 02, 10:46:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    my goodness girl! That kid is a beauty :) Love the santa pics! And Kolt does the same kind of ornament hanging just so you know. Its the latest trend in decorating anyway ;) I sure miss you. Thanks for posting fun pics so I know what you are up to.
    ~Debra

     
  • At Mon Dec 03, 09:12:00 AM 2007, Blogger HeatherW said…

    Those are GREAT pictures!! Lily is sooo beautiful, and Alyssa was excited to see them. Plus your Santa is perfect. Made for some great memories, I'm sure!!!

     
  • At Mon Dec 03, 09:47:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Lily Pie, you are a sweetie!

     
  • At Tue Dec 04, 05:16:00 PM 2007, Blogger Just the Sous Chef said…

    Oh my, you certainly did have a "Christmas-y" weekend ... looks like a lot of fun! I love the Santa pics and love your tree. Very cute! & I know what you mean about seeing our little ones our best friend's little ones, it is so heart warming. Happy early Christmas! xxoo, TK

     
  • At Wed Dec 05, 09:20:00 PM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    What great pictures! I love every single one of them - the Santa ones, the Christmas tree ones, and the ones of Lily with her friends. It has been far too long since I have seen Lily - she looks like she has grown so much!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home