Saturday, December 01, 2007

She's Home!

Lily officially came home on Tuesday and Devin and my sister went to go meet her and my Mom at the airport. I raced home as fast as I could to see Devin and Lily after work and found Lily eating dinner in her high chair. She immediately started screaming "Mommy! Mommy!" in her most urgent voice, so I scooped her and then she wouldn't let go of me for about 30 minutes. It took her Daddy playing with her Leapfrog letter thingy on the fridge to get her to loosen her grip. I missed my baby and I could tell she missed her parents a lot.

On the job front, things are still going okay. I am still praying/hoping/pleading with God that the right part time opportunity comes along someday soon. Today is my first full day home with Lily in a while and I sorta feel all-thumbs about it -- like I've lost the ability to instinctively figure out when is the best time for diaper changes, feedings, and naps. It only took a month for me to seemingly forget how to be a stay-at-home mom :( So, if anyone hears of anything that pays exceedingly well part time, keep me posted!
More exciting news is that Lily starts daycare on Monday! I found a nice place near my work that costs almost half of what I'm making (*sigh*), but at least I won't have to sit in rush hour hell anymore. I'm seriously not the kind of person that handles bumper to bumper traffic for several hours each day well. Its not my bag, so to speak.

So, here is what you've been waiting for -- pictures from Germany! I wish I could've gone with because it looks like they had such a great and special time. I am so glad she got to go, but next time will have to be a shorter visit :)
Reconnecting with the family (L to R: Oma, Mom, Lily, cousins Jenny & Robert)

German bubble baths are more fun


Snow! Good thing we last year's winter coat still fit
Walking around town

Lily hanging out with Oma




At the train station with my Aunt Birgit (yes, she looks frighteningly like my mother). Mom borrowed our friend's Sit'N'Stroll which is a carseat that converts into a stroller, so it worked out well.


I love this picture -- she looks like she's really concentrating on this book in the plane:



So, there you have it. I cannot believe my kid has been across the ocean and back four times before her second birthday (3 times to Germany, once to Hawaii)!

Hopefully, today we will be getting our Christmas Tree and decorating the house. Devin has been in full-force Christmas Shopping mode, he has even wrapped a bunch and stacked them on the piano. I'm going to have to hustle to catch up. Although, at the rate he is going, I'm not sure that our piano can handle much more weight!

3 Comments:

  • At Sun Dec 02, 06:26:00 PM 2007, Blogger Just the Sous Chef said…

    Looks like Miss Lily had a BLAST! But it sure sounds like she missed her Mommy. I am sure she is happy to be home. The pictures are all so cute and make me want to go to Germany so bad! She is quite the little traveler, lucky girl. I will keep you in my thoughts that a part time job comes along real soon. GL with the day care, I am sure Lily will love it.

     
  • At Sun Dec 02, 10:23:00 PM 2007, Blogger Sitting In Silence said…

    Love the photo on the plane....she is just adorable....

    What a beautiful experience for her....

     
  • At Mon Dec 03, 10:10:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lauren said…

    Looks like Lily had a great trip to Germany, and I know you are very glad to have her back!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home