Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Catch-Up Post


Ack, I'm such an awful blogger, not to mention picture-taker! I have been pretty bad about keeping up with posting on this thing. Mainly, because I'm not allowed to do it from work (silly IT blocks) or else I totally would. So, in case anyone out there is still reading, I will attempt to catch you up on our little world here.

New Year 2008 was a restful, non-event here. Devin, for his birthday, took a road trip with a friend to Rhode Island to see a band, and they made a whole thing out of it, even stopping one day to tour New York City on the way up. Actually, he ended up being gone from Saturday to Wednesday because not only did he lose his credit card somewhere along the way, but also managed to park his rental car in a deck that got shut down for the new year that didn't reopen til Wednesday. Anyway, it was just me and Lily here on New Years Eve and we slept through most of it (woke up for Devin's call, of course). Both Lily and I woke up New Years Day feeling less than stellar, which kicked off a whole week of staying home, sick. Lily's temperature got up to 104.8 after Tylenol, so we had to go to tepid water/alcohol sponge baths to get it down. It was a rough week, I only worked a total of 9 hours the entire week and I have the paycheck to prove it. We found out it was a reccurrence of Lily's ear infection and she is now on antibiotics and feeling much better.

Lily was sad to see our "Kissmas Tee" go down and she keeps asking about "See Kwaas" (Santa Claus) and occasionally tells me "Merry Kissmas, Mommy!" but I told her it was time to start focusing on the next big celebration -- her 2nd Birthday! We have decided to hold the party on February 16th and it will probably be a smaller affair than last year's blowout. We are a tad tight on money right now (surprisingly, going back to work has not been as lucrative as we had hoped because it comes with so many more expenses like $185 a week for daycare -- ouch!), so we hope to have a small, intimate gathering of close friends and family to ring in Lily's 2nd Year. I can't believe my baby is almost two already!


Miss Lily has become increasingly girly lately -- she asks to have "pretties" in her hair every morning. Daddy has gotten really good and can now create a mean set of pigtails! Lily has also picked up a new habit from school: hitting. Its been gnarly to deal with, but we are learning to address it every single time she does it and try and give her more positive outlets for her frustration. Other than that, her new school continues to be great and I feel like she's finally in a great place.

So, I believe that's pretty much it. Nothing exciting here. I am still keeping my eyes open for any part time jobs that may work out, but I'm finally feeling like I'm in a better place with the whole working thing. I really do like my coworkers, so if I have to spend 9 hours a day in close proximity to people, I'm glad they are good ones. I guess we shall see what surprises 2008 will hold for us :)

Happy New Year! (or as Lily says "Happy New!"

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home