Monday, March 03, 2008

Just some pictures and stuff


Yeah, I'm not even gonna front anymore -- I have become the ultimate slack blogger. I can't help myself, I just feel like there are not enough hours in the day (well, hours that I am actually home, that is) to keep up with this thing. I hope you all will get used to my bi-monthly posts!

Miss Lily is keeping me on my toes, as usual. She picks up on the darndest things. Her new obsession is backseat driving. Last week, she told me what color every light was ("Its green, mama!", "It's red!!"), which sent me into a panic a few times. She also made note of my not-so-pleasant driving demeanor ("Move, people!") and after a road trip this weekend, she started imitating the navigation system ("Turn right, Mommy!"). I can't wait to hear what she comes up with next!

Her other funny phrase of the week (well, a few weeks ago) comes from a stuffed bear that my Aunt gave her for Christmas. You press its hand and the thing "reads" you the story of the Three Billy Goats Gruff. I asked her what her bear said...her answer: "Who's that walking across my Fridge?" -- Awesome!

So, what have we been up to, you ask? Well, fighting ear infections for one. Last week, Lily had to go to the doctor 3 times for a shots of Rocephen in each leg (total of 6 shots) to kill the latest ear infection. Then we went to the ENT doc, who told us she needs tubes in her ear. I have been making her wear her earmuffs outside every day since. We are praying over here -- but we will be scheduling the procedure for hopefully next week anyway.

We also attended the birthday of Lily's fav little buddy, Leah Catherine.


Our other big adventure was going to Savannah this past weekend! You may think I'm crazy when I tell you the reason why, but most of you already think I'm crazy anyway. When I was pregnant, I started posting on a message board for mothers who were due in February 2006 and I have been a regular member ever since. Well, it turns out that I joined the ranks of a great group of women and I've gotten particularly close to Debra, who has a son named Kolt who is just a few days older than Lily. Debra lives in Illinois, so we weren't sure we'd ever meet in person. It turns out her brothers (both of them) were being deployed to Iraq from Tybee Island, near Savannah, Georgia, and Debra and her entire family were planning to drive there to send them off. Since Savannah is the closest we'll be to eachother, I figured that Lily and I would drive down there and meet them in person!
My friend Dena joined Lily and I and we all drove Devin's car (with his Garmin!) to Tybee Island and spent the night on Saturday night. Even though we'd never met in person, I think it was clear that Debra and I were connected. What's amazing is how well the kiddos got along! You would think they've known eachother forever!


Walking to the beach


Getting down and dirty in the sand...



Hanging out (yes, I made her wear the earmuffs because it was so windy)

We took the kids on a nature walk and they happily held hands *cute*

And finally, the goodbye smooch!

3 Comments:

  • At Tue Mar 04, 08:17:00 AM 2008, Blogger Avery & Hailey said…

    Avery had tubes put in her ears and they made a world of difference! I'm sorry about Lily's ear infections...they are horrible!

     
  • At Sat Mar 08, 05:21:00 AM 2008, Blogger Sitting In Silence said…

    Beautiful story and photos...

    My daughter also had grommits in her ears. She was 22 months and never looked back...took me a day or two to get over the whole operation but she was back to normal 10 minutes after !...

    x

     
  • At Sat Mar 08, 09:24:00 PM 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH MAN our kids are cute. I cant get over how well they got along either. They must be soul mates... thats the only thing that makes sense. I SO hope we get to do it again. Maybe we all need to go on a Chicago adventure (you thought the beach was cold?!... wait for the windy city) Or St Louis... lots of fun things for kids there. ANyway... they are dolls together and I am so glad we FINALLY got to meet.
    Debra

     

Post a Comment

<< Home