Saturday, March 22, 2008

Early Easter!

Do you ever have those moments where you pinch yourself and say "Man, things are good today." I always try to remain grateful and sometimes my life makes that very easy, because I am surrounded by such great people! Our little family had such a great time Friday and Saturday and are looking forward to Sunday.

Lily's daycare was closed on Friday, in observence of Good Friday. Mine and Devin's work, however, had other ideas. We ended up splitting Lily's day between the two of us. He took her to work with him until lunch, at which time, I took a half day off and spent it with her. She had a ton of fun at Daddy's work (at which he got nothing accomplished) and when I picked her up, we had the following conversation:

Mommy: "Lily, did you have a good day at Daddy's work?"
Lily: "Yes"
Mommy: "Lily, did you work hard?"
Lily: "Yes"
Mommy: "Did you get paid?"
Lily: "Yah, I got paid......in shockwet!"

Lily's entire mouth was covered in "Shockwet" (chocolate) because that's what daddy gave her after he ran out of ideas to entertain her.

After lunch, we headed to my friend, Heather's, house for Lily's First Haircut! Yes, you read that right. It took Lily over 2 years to grow enough hair to cut. Poor thing had an unfortunate mullet-thing going on, but Heather trimmed up the dead ends and brought her sweet curls back! Lily was so stoked, as my Mom has been telling her for weeks, she needs to let Heather cut her hair. She climbed right up in the chair and said "Mama, I wanna haircut" and I asked her if she was sure and she said "I sure." And she was -- she didn't so much as flinch as Heather worked on her new 'do. Check it out:


And the 'after' look:
Our other big adventure took place on Saturday morning. My friend Sarah won passes for her and guests to attend breakfast with the most popular guy around this time of year....the easter bunny! It was part of the local radio station's Eggstravaganza event that takes place at park in Matthews. I really thought, given Lily's extreme freakouts last year, that the bunny would not go over well. I was completely and totally wrong!
Our friends Sarah and Eric and their sons, Aidan and baby Nate

The Easter Bunny loves on Aidan and Lily

Radio Personalities Matt & Ramona hanging out with Lily-monster after breakfast

The kiddos get piggy back rides from their dads on the way to the easter egg hunt

We had to stop for a romp on the "Swide!"


Getting ready for the giant Easter Egg Hunt -- the anticipation was brutal!


Lily shows off her score -- some beads and lots of "Candy!"

Lily didn't manage to grab any plastic eggs, but I have it on good authority that the Easter Bunny is making a pit stop by our house at some point tonight to drop some off...but shhhhh, don't tell the little one!

Happy Easter, everyone!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home