Monday, April 28, 2008

What's New?


Nothing too new to report, but my mom is yelling at me for not posting enough (even though I talk to her daily and she sees my kid every week). So, Mom, this one's for you!

I've suddenly found myself *very* interested in being crafty. I have bugged my mother ad nauseum to teach me how to sew, knit, and crochet. I also think I may start a business making diaper cakes. Most of you know that I lack several critical things to do this such as: coordination, dedication, and imagination -- but I really want to give it a shot! Wish me luck!

Lily's thing as of late is removing her shoes and putting her socks on her hands. She then shows me her gloves. She just recently learned how to put her socks back on her feet, so hopefully she'll figure out the shoe thing soon and I will stop losing my shi*t in traffic when she throws the shoe at my head while I'm driving. Check out the little socky hands:


Lily has really ramped up the little diva attitude lately. It keeps me in hysterics all the time! Today, we were in the car and here was our conversation:



Me: "Lily, did you hear me?"

Lily: "No."

Me: "No, you didn't, because you were busy yapping back there."

Lily: "I'm busy, mama. I'm yapping!"



Can you see it in her eyes? She's a feisty one!



Tis the season for weddings lately! Here are me, Jen, Caiti and Leah at JC's wedding. Devin actually came with me to this one (after much prodding) and did amazingly well. We even slow-danced to half a song. It was awesome!



A week earlier, I attended the wedding of my friends Didi and Donnie. Here's my attempt at amateur photography. With our tax refund, we are buying a fancy camera, so I can play more :)

Since the weather has been reasonably warm, Devin has dragged us back out boating! Lily is a seasoned boater now, so will be joining us a lot more often this summer, I think.


I really love to waterski. My arms hurt like hell the next day.


So, that is a rudamentary update, but it's sorta all I got for now. Wish me luck on my endeavors and feel free to send me any advice on sewing, crocheting, knitting, or diaper cake decorating (or any free supplies!).

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home