Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My Poor, Poor Neglected Blog

I'm trying to decide whether or not to kill this beast of a blog. Go ahead and print it all or at least save it to PDF for future printing. My gut tells me yes, because I have a million things on my plate and no longer have the mental capacity to express myself in words (a series of hand gestures and grunts is pretty effective with a 2 year old). On the other hand, the mommy guilt is RAGING. I have Lily's every toilet visit catalogued and poor Colin gets a sentence every few months. It makes me sad. It also makes me sad that my monthly picture folders are filled with TONS of pictures of other families, all carefully edited and display ready and most of the pics of my own kids were taken from my phone. I have become that Mom and it makes me sad. I wish my brain would just catalog events for me, that would be super helpful.

So I want to write super fast about Mother's Day. This year, the school (more at 4 program that Lily's in is a state-funded Pre-K) had a day of pampering for the Mothers. Lily first planted me a beautiful flower, then she painted my nails, then she gave me a massage while my nails dried and then we at KrisyKreme donuts and lemonade. It was fabulous! Lily was so excited, she even gave me a homemade card for "Mother's Day Eve."

And a random pic of Colin from last month when I took the kids to PLazaFiesta to visit a friend in town and then afterward, just my kids and I went out for Italian. Yum!

1 Comments:

  • At Sun May 15, 01:28:00 PM 2011, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I, for one, will miss the blog. Haven't been able to figure out how to find info on Facebook and you're too busy for email, either. Will just have to rely on my daughter and brother to relay updates! I know you will continue to take good care of those sweet children.
    Aunt Carol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home