Monday, October 24, 2005

Camping for Dummies

This weekend, Devin and I went camping at Kings Mountain State Park. I fully expected to spend most of my time, huddled in the cabin watching DVD's on the laptop (because most of you know that I am not really the outdoors type). I surprised myself though, I went hiking, walked the dog a lot, was relatively social and even went rafting on the lake. The rafting may or may not count, since most of the time in the raft was spent spinning round and round in circles because my friend Kasei and I could not figure out how to paddle with any sort of coordination. It was a ridiculous sight, which luckily, Devin managed to get pictures of, so I will be sure to post those soon!

Its funny, but pregnancy is super-empowering! A few weeks ago, at work, I had an opportunity to drive some construction equipment. So I climbed up in the excavator with my floral maternity shirt and put the other women in the office to shame with my bravery (or maybe just made an ass out of myself...not really sure which). Needless to say, I had a great time!

As tired as I feel and as big as my belly is getting, I honestly feel like I can do anything. Thats a unique feeling for me, after a lifetime of feeling completely inadequate. My coworker, Robin, calls me "Super Pregnant Lady (SPL, for short)" due to my new attitude. I really hope that SPL can somehow morph easily into Super-mommy someday. Lily deserves a mom who recently learned how to paddle, who can hike with a 20 pound weight hanging from her loins, and who can laugh through many mistakes and goofs. Lucky for her, Lily's Daddy can fix just about anything, make a mean serving of potato pancakes, and loves to take pictures of every single thing that mommy does.

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Oct 25, 04:31:00 AM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh gosh, you finally went rafting? yay, you deserve it.
    i love you, powerlady:)

     
  • At Wed Oct 26, 07:11:00 AM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you've always had the power, you just didn't realize it until you had something bigger than yourself to focus on. Lily is going to be one lucky girl! I miss you! See you at thanksgiving!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home