Friday, November 04, 2005

25 Week Dr Appt

Yesterday, I had my monthly doctor appointment. This time, I had to drink a glucose drink and then get my blood drawn to check for gestational diabetes. I had read on many discussion boards how nasty this drink was. Me? I loved it!! Give me pure, orange-flavored sugar any day! So, we shall know the results of that soon.

The other interesting thing I learned from this appointment is that I'm RH negative. My blood type is O neg, which for some reason, I'd never known before. This isn't too big a deal, since this is my first pregnancy. I won't go into college biology here, but suffice it to say, I had to get a shot in my rear end and will have to endure another one after Lily is born.

I called my Dad to find out his blood type and he is O negative too, which I also didn't know. We actually had a good conversation, surprisingly enough. He asked about the baby and I told him about my new job and he seemed genuinely happy that both were going so well. So, we shall see if Lily's birth will be what finally unites my broken family. Here's hoping!

In other news, Devin's mom is coming tomorrow night and she's bringing us new bedroom furniture! We are so excited! Finally, our house is starting to come together. Devin has been truly amazing lately, surprising me at every turn. He takes good care of the house and me and is always the voice of reason when my hormones take control. I know you're thinking "Devin? Reason? Huh?" but its true! He's gonna be an amazing father, I can already tell. His infinite patience (yes, I'm still talking about Devin) and compassion make little Lily and very lucky child.

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Nov 04, 04:34:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm so happy for you! Everything sounds so perfect.
    Love you.

     
  • At Fri Nov 04, 06:21:00 PM 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's just your hormones -- go eat some potato pancakes. -dEVin

     
  • At Sat Nov 05, 07:17:00 PM 2005, Blogger Leslie said…

    Hey, Lora! I didn't think the drink was too bad either, though everyone warned me beforehand how gross it was. I was also Rh negative, and I got the same two shots. It stinks getting shots, but did you know that because we are O negative, we are universal blood donors? Our blood can go to anyone, which I thought was pretty neat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home