Ugh - the cold from hell!
Can I just say that being sick really sucks?!
I absolutely HATE being sick and its just been getting worse and worse. I've had to leave work early almost every day this week (my first full week on the job) because I've felt so bad. Nothing like pregnancy to knock the options right out of your medicine cabinet! There's not too much I can take, since a lot of stuff has alcohol or IB Profin or Aspirin or some other fetus-harming thing in it.
After 3 days of abject suffering, Devin finally encouraged me to take some Robutussin gelcaps. They didn't do too terribly much, so now my nose has dried up somewhat and I'm sick on my stomach from the psuedoephidrine. I really can't win, can I?
The good news of this week is:
1) My super-annoying and increasingly lazy, mooching roommate is finally moving out! This means that Devin and I will struggle a little more financially, but we can finally start organizing our home the way we want it. Anytime you live with someone, things are bound to get a little hairy, but please, I shouldn't have to beg a 35 year old man to get off his butt and do some chores or stop using our stuff without permission.
2) Devin is a very good nurse! Both of his parents are nurses, so I guess it runs in his blood. Last night, he went to the store and got my daytime & nighttime cold stuff, menthol chest rub, honey buns & milk, and chocolate per my request. It was very nice! Sometimes the lady carrying the baby needs to be babied as well! He had me feeling much better in no time!
3) Despite feeling my feeling like dog-crap, Lily has been super-active, soothing my fears that my cold was somehow hurting her. She's moving SO much now! I love laying down and watching my stomach move around jump and bulge in different places. I can now feel where she is from the outside, I just feel for the big hard lump, which could be a butt or head (I really have no idea).
So, thats been my week. Devin thought his mom was coming last week, but she's actually coming THIS weekend (this is why boys should not be in charge of making important plans), so hopefully if we can find the camera among all the clutter of reorganizing, I can finally post some more pictures. Although, pics of me with a red eyes and nose may not be too attractive!
I absolutely HATE being sick and its just been getting worse and worse. I've had to leave work early almost every day this week (my first full week on the job) because I've felt so bad. Nothing like pregnancy to knock the options right out of your medicine cabinet! There's not too much I can take, since a lot of stuff has alcohol or IB Profin or Aspirin or some other fetus-harming thing in it.
After 3 days of abject suffering, Devin finally encouraged me to take some Robutussin gelcaps. They didn't do too terribly much, so now my nose has dried up somewhat and I'm sick on my stomach from the psuedoephidrine. I really can't win, can I?
The good news of this week is:
1) My super-annoying and increasingly lazy, mooching roommate is finally moving out! This means that Devin and I will struggle a little more financially, but we can finally start organizing our home the way we want it. Anytime you live with someone, things are bound to get a little hairy, but please, I shouldn't have to beg a 35 year old man to get off his butt and do some chores or stop using our stuff without permission.
2) Devin is a very good nurse! Both of his parents are nurses, so I guess it runs in his blood. Last night, he went to the store and got my daytime & nighttime cold stuff, menthol chest rub, honey buns & milk, and chocolate per my request. It was very nice! Sometimes the lady carrying the baby needs to be babied as well! He had me feeling much better in no time!
3) Despite feeling my feeling like dog-crap, Lily has been super-active, soothing my fears that my cold was somehow hurting her. She's moving SO much now! I love laying down and watching my stomach move around jump and bulge in different places. I can now feel where she is from the outside, I just feel for the big hard lump, which could be a butt or head (I really have no idea).
So, thats been my week. Devin thought his mom was coming last week, but she's actually coming THIS weekend (this is why boys should not be in charge of making important plans), so hopefully if we can find the camera among all the clutter of reorganizing, I can finally post some more pictures. Although, pics of me with a red eyes and nose may not be too attractive!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home