Springtime Fun
Today, Lily went on her first official Easter Egg Hunt. I'm sure you can guess that Lily didn't find any eggs. Actually, she didn't even look. She was content to wander Queens University, watching the other kids hunt. The important part is that she looked cute doing it!



On Friday, Leslie and I had attempted to take pictures of the kids at the mall with the Easter Bunny. Needless to say, it didn't go over well and we chose not to purchase the pictures of the kids screaming on the Bunny's lap. So, when the Hare himself showed up at Queens, I was wondering if Lily would pitch a fit again. Luckily, all she did was give him the evil eyeball and cling tightly to me. Notice that I'm using my body as a barrier between the rabbit and the baby.


Saturday night, we went to Beth's birthday dinner. Lily was smitten with baby Leah Catherine and repeatedly tried to claw her away across some laps to get to the "Bay-Bee." The newborn was calm and demure, while my toddler was nutty and borderline psycho. It took a whole table full of people to entertain her. Note to self: Balsamic vinegar isn't the best thing to feed a whiny baby in order to entertain them.
Lily and I pose in front of this pretty bush. Maybe an azalea? Anyone know?

I put Lily in the gazebo to take pictures of her. She tried to be a good sport, but I'm sure she was wondering why Mommy stuck her on the bench and then walked away with the flashy thing, screaming "Smile! Smily, Lily!"

Shortly after this picture, she tried to eat the leaves.

On Friday, Leslie and I had attempted to take pictures of the kids at the mall with the Easter Bunny. Needless to say, it didn't go over well and we chose not to purchase the pictures of the kids screaming on the Bunny's lap. So, when the Hare himself showed up at Queens, I was wondering if Lily would pitch a fit again. Luckily, all she did was give him the evil eyeball and cling tightly to me. Notice that I'm using my body as a barrier between the rabbit and the baby.

Here is the obligatory easter egg picture. Yes, she munched on them too.

Saturday night, we went to Beth's birthday dinner. Lily was smitten with baby Leah Catherine and repeatedly tried to claw her away across some laps to get to the "Bay-Bee." The newborn was calm and demure, while my toddler was nutty and borderline psycho. It took a whole table full of people to entertain her. Note to self: Balsamic vinegar isn't the best thing to feed a whiny baby in order to entertain them.
Labels: Holidays




6 Comments:
At Sun Mar 25, 08:55:00 PM 2007,
Leslie said…
She looks so proud of her belly button in that last picture!
Also, good idea to use Mommy as a buffer between Lily and that oh-so-scary Easter Bunny!
At Sun Mar 25, 10:31:00 PM 2007,
Just the Sous Chef said…
LOL about the pic with the boys ... they definitely don't look like they are having fun! Sounds like you had a fun weekend. We haven't taken Lu to see the Easter bunny yet but my guess is that he will not be happy. - TK
At Mon Mar 26, 07:04:00 PM 2007,
Avery & Hailey said…
Great pics of Lily!! I love the last one of her showing everyone her belly button!
At Mon Mar 26, 08:54:00 PM 2007,
Lauren said…
How precious! Lily looks so cute in her dress and sandals - the mommy/daughter portrait is great, and I love the pic of Lily and the eggs.
At Mon Mar 26, 11:25:00 PM 2007,
Rudy said…
She was scared to DEATH of the bunny! lol. Its sweet in a way that they need our protection. Kolt thought that Blue (the Colts mascot) was so funny until we got close then he clung to me for DEAR LIFE! Shows us that though they are gaining independance, they still need mommy! Love the belly button pic too :) Lily is CUTE
At Tue Mar 27, 07:37:00 PM 2007,
Lew said…
How precious!! I love Lily's little Easter dress. She really is one of the cutest little girls I've ever seen.
Post a Comment
<< Home