Monday, March 05, 2007

Rough Week

I'm not even sure where to begin. There were some definate ups and some definate downs during this past week. The major down happened today, we had to put our family dog, Hank Snow, down. I got to spend some one-on-one time with him before we took him in and I'm so grateful for that. Agreeing to let him be put down was the hardest thing I've had to do and was excrutiatingly painful. I picked him out of the litter when he was a pup, I've cried many tears on his coat, and he has been part of the landscape of not only my mother's home, but of the past 13 years of my life. Rest In Peace, Hank.



My other down came on Saturday. I've spent the past week in pain from what I thought was TMJ, but ended up being a tooth abcess. The abcess was causing pressure on my nerves, which resulted in shooting pains across the right side of my face. Ouch. I had to get an emergency root canal on Saturday night. Luckily, I have the world's most amazing dentist, who stepped off a plane from vacation and postponed a date with his wife to come to my rescue. It's a good thing, because I was literally in the ER parking lot, debating whether or not to go in, when he called back and offered to see me right then. That was the best root canal of my life!

Our final down is Miss Lily herself. She's had a fever for the past few days and been extraordinarily whiny. Either she's cutting her molars or she caught Strep Throat from my brother. Or Both. Which is why I intend on taking her to the doctor in the morning.

On the up side, we had a good time at the park last week with Amy, Brendon, Marissa, and baby Kayden.





I also go to reunite with my high school friend, Gail, which was really exciting. Lily loved hanging out with Amy, Gail, and the ducks :)


Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At Mon Mar 05, 09:06:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So very sorry about your dog...

     
  • At Mon Mar 05, 09:13:00 PM 2007, Blogger CAGB said…

    I am sorry about your dog. :o(

    I hope the rest of the week gets better.

     
  • At Mon Mar 05, 09:56:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    aw, reading that made me cry again :'( I miss Hank.

     
  • At Tue Mar 06, 07:33:00 AM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    a! I'm so sorry to hear about Hank. It is devastating to lose a beloved family pet. I know you gave Hank a wonderful life in his time here, so I hope that can give you some comfort. Your family gave him so much love and joy. Think of what a happy boy he must have been while he was with you!

    OUCH! And a tooth abcess! I am wincing just at the thought of it. I hope it all on the way to feeling much better.

    And poor, poor Lily. I'm sorry to hear she is sick with a fever. It is miserable to see your baby not feeling well. I hope she gets to feeling better soon!

     
  • At Tue Mar 06, 11:29:00 AM 2007, Blogger Rachel said…

    I'm so sorry about your week. Sounds like things really do hit by three at a time. That must mean things can only get better.

    Feel better Lily!

     
  • At Tue Mar 06, 06:08:00 PM 2007, Blogger Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…

    So sorry to hear about Hank. I hope with time the heartache will pass.

    Doubly sorry about the tooth issue. Thank God for the dentist who saved the day. I hope your mouth/head is feeling better.

    Here's hoping Miss Lily is back to normal quickly!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home