Thursday, February 08, 2007

A Day At The Library...

So, Lily and I finally made our way to *Imaginon* downtown, which is a library specifically aimed at children, with our friends Casey and Sophie. There' s an exhibit there now that has life-sized models of popular fairytales that kids can interact with. The girls had lots of fun and so did the mommies!
Meet the Princesses: Lily & Sophie

The girls got to ride in style in the Cinderlla pumpkin carriage.

Shortly after this picture, the girls were invaded by marauders! Okay, not really. They were invaded by two little hispanic boys. You can see Sophie is weirded out, but Lily was like "Hey! Latin Men! Awesome!"

Sorry, I just have to include this picture. She looks contemplative, dontcha think? Although, I'm sure is probably contemplating how much fun it would be to stick her finger in the fake candles if they were real.

Lily especially liked this chicken that layed the golden egg. When you lift its butt, it makes a cockadoodle doo noise. She thought it was hilarious :)

Riding the trolley in style...


Exploring a tunnel. Future spelunkers maybe?

Like lookin' in a mirror

On an entirely different note, a few of you have asked what to get Lily for her birthday. First of all, we will simply be happy to have you celebrate with us -- no gift is necessary. BUT if you insist, here are a few things I think Lily would like and/or need: Books (we have a reader on our hands!), 2T winter clothing for next year (on sale now), age-appropriate toys, stuff for the bath tub, and anything to do with animals (maybe a play farm or vet? I have no clue, she's just really into animals right now). I totally do not mind things that light up, make loud noises, or are possessed by demons, so bring 'em on!
Again, I'd like to stress that the most VALUABLE gift that Lily will ever receive is the love and support from all of her friends and family. You all are incredible and we are grateful for each and every one of you!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home