Thursday, January 18, 2007

New Pictures

This is baby Melina Christine! She is the new daughter of my cousin Kristina and her husband Cory. They live in Germany, so it'll be a while before we meet her in person, but we love her already. Isn't she beautiful?!




And here are some more pictures of my little one. Since her hair is finally growing in, she gets "bedhead" -- its so sweet!

Also, her top 4 teeth are finally through, bringing her grand total of chompers to 6!


I have to record Lily's new stuff, it seems like she learns new things every day. She now can point out nose, ears, mouth, and teeth. She sticks her tiny finger deep in my ear and says "Eee?" then she pulls my hair so my head turns to the other side and sticks her finger in my other ear and asks "Eee?" All very cute.

She has also started to say "Hi!" and wave to EVERY person we meet. I took her to the Dr the other day for a diaper rash gone bad and she spent the entire time in the waiting room saying Hi to everyone that walked by. The little charmer. (note: she weighed only 19 lbs 12 oz -- when will she fatten up?!).

Also, she is awesome at recognizing Dada. A cop on a motorcyle drove by the house yesterday and the looked at me and said "Dada?" It was really sweet. I explained that Dada couldn't afford a white Harley, so no, that's not him.

She is still walking like a bat out of hell. She rarely crawls anymore and when she falls, she can actually hoist herself back up into a standing position by sticking her butt straight up in the air and then lifting her torso to follow. Super core strength, that one.

She says "Thank You" but it sounds more like "Dad-En." Its actually become her favorite game. She gives something to you and you say Thank You and then you give it back and she says it. This game can go on longer than you'd imagine :)

Per Leslie's request, her is a video of Lily dancing. Check our her new moves!



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

  • At Thu Jan 18, 01:47:00 PM 2007, Blogger Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…

    That Lily, she's a smart one, ya know? Absolutely love the video. She's got moves that would make Justin Timberlake shiver! I remember playing the "thank you" game. It does go on and on.

    Hopefully we'll get to Charlotte to see you all in Feb. Think of all the fun stuff we need to do and let's go do it!

     
  • At Thu Jan 18, 01:48:00 PM 2007, Blogger Rachel said…

    Oh Lora, her dancing is absolutely adorable. I can't believe how quickly she is growing up. All our babies actually. I might be ready for a trip sometime soon--well another month maybe. :)

     
  • At Thu Jan 18, 02:33:00 PM 2007, Blogger Lora said…

    Girls, consider this your formal invite to Lily's bday party on the 17th. If either (or both) of you can make it,I'd be thrilled! (of course, I realize its a long journey to make with small kids, so no prob if you can't come)

     
  • At Thu Jan 18, 04:49:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    look at her, how cute she is ! I absolutely LOVE her dancing style !! what a supergirl!

     
  • At Thu Jan 18, 06:06:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sounds like she might have soiled herself at the end of her music video.... hmm...

     
  • At Fri Jan 19, 09:54:00 AM 2007, Blogger MommyofTwo said…

    We need to get Banastre and Lily together so they can play the tahnk you game with each other. I know I could sure use a break from it too!!

    I love the dancing! How cute!!!

     
  • At Fri Jan 19, 02:28:00 PM 2007, Blogger Leslie said…

    THANK YOU for posting the video of Lily dancing! I love it! Joe and I have watched it together so much.

     
  • At Fri Jan 19, 02:42:00 PM 2007, Blogger Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…

    Oooh, we may be able to celebrate Lily's b-day! The kids here have Feb. 19th off, which means I could come and spend the weekend with my nieces plus see you guys! I'm excited!

     
  • At Fri Jan 19, 04:21:00 PM 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    She is so cute! I love the bed head!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home