On Friday, Lily and I had a blast! We met our friends
Leslie and Sam for a playdate and got to meet some new friends
Lauren and her son Jack. We went to
Charlotte At Play, which is set up so that parents can relax while their kids go nuts. I inititally wondered if Lily was too young to play there, but I should'nt have worried -- she found plenty to do.
I apologize in advance for the blurry pictures. Devin "fixed" my camera for me. Needless to say, the camera didn't work well for the rest of the day.
Charlotte At Play is set up with a series of different areas with different themes. Lily will take you on a tour of some of the ones she visited:
Train Table: Lily hangs with the Big Boys (Sam & Jack)!

Lily and Jack jam at the musical station...

Lily really liked the Dino Dig station. It had plastic mulch...need I say more?

Princess Lily...

Pirate Lily...


Construction Lily...

"Thanks, Sam, for ringing me up!"
I took this video of Lily pushing her shopping cart around, she did a great job!
Snack Time Lily...This was taken shortly before she dumped the entire contents of her drink on her nice little outfit. Luckily, my mom lives nearby, so we stopped there for a nap, lunch, and to wash clothes (Thanks, Mom!)
While Lily was napping, I snuck over to Mary's house to smooch Westbrook (which I got to do because he stood right under the mistletoe!). Westbrook posed for a butt shot:
After leaving Mary's, I picked up Lily (well rested, fed, and with clean clothes on -- Mom, you really rock!) and headed to meet my friend Heather for her 17 week ultrasound to determine the health and gender of her baby! I got stuck and traffic, but luckily she was still in the waiting room when I arrived. I got to see the ultrasound and the baby is beautiful. They were given a 99% guess that IT'S A BOY! Being there for that was very special to me, because Heather's daughter Pheonix is a year older (to the day) than Lily AND because Heather was there in the room when Lily was born. I couldn't have done it without her. Or if I had to, I may have murdered Devin in the process :)
Also, since Heather and I go to the same practice, I got to see Dr Morris again, the OB who delivered Lily. He asked how we were doing and then asked if he could hold Lily (even though she was snarfy from her head cold). Lily really liked him because he had glasses and let him hold her. It was really sweet and made my heart melt. It was nice to be able to go back and thank him for bringing my baby into the world.
My camera was dying by the time I got there and most of the pictures I got were blurry, but I managed to get this picture of Pheonix and Lily in the waiting room.
One little Postscript: My friend Marissa delivered her son, Kaden, on Dec 15 at 35 and a half weeks. He weighed in at 4 lbs and 13 ounces. According to Kaden's Daddy, all was going well and the baby is in the NICU for observation, but it was a joyous entry into the world. Congrats to the family and lots of prayers that baby Kaden can go home soon!
5 Comments:
At Sat Dec 16, 01:23:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Congratulations on Kaden's arrival! She needs to start blogging.
I love, love, love the picture of Lily wearing the pirate hat. She has the sweetest expressions!
She is doing so well with her walking! That video of her going round and round with her cart is too cute. :)
At Sat Dec 16, 01:46:00 PM 2006,
Lauren said…
We are so glad that we finally got to meet you and Lily, and we had a great time! I agree with Leslie - Lily is the cutest pirate, those are definitely my favorite. I am also glad that Lily was cleaned up after the apple juice spillage!
Hope to see you again soon, and please, feel free to add us as a link!
At Sat Dec 16, 02:08:00 PM 2006,
Leslie said…
Okay, I am going to figure out how I can link you all to my blog....
At Sat Dec 16, 10:15:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
My that Lily is some busy! That sounds like an awesome place that you went to. I don't think we have anything like that here.
Lily is too cute pushing her stroller and drinking from her cup. So cute.
Yea, Craig reads my blog because it is the only way we communicat LOL. I am kidding of course.
PT to Kaden going home soon!
At Sun Dec 17, 09:22:00 PM 2006,
Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…
Arghh me matey! She looks really cute. I wish we had something like Charlotte At Play around here. Well we do have Playspace, but yours looks better.
Come see us soon, please!
Post a Comment
<< Home