Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Lazy Day!

Argh! So, the weather is crappy and cold and Lily and I are staying in today and veggin' out!

I'm really enjoying spending my days with her, she's a really sweet baby. It's so much fun to see how fast she is learning stuff. I love presenting her with a new experience and seeing how she reacts. Food is always a good case study, because she's not the pickiest eater, but she'll definately make the funniest faces.

Yesterday, we had an interesting menu. I decided to let Lily try frozen waffles for breakfast and I broke them into small bits so she could feed herself. She and I split a banana too. It was the first time that we'd eaten the same exact thing for a meal! That afternoon, we went to Heather's and tried more new stuff. Lily ganked some of Heather's daughter's pizza cheese sticks and went to town on them. I didn't know babies could eat that stuff, but I figure one meal of junk won't ruin all the healthy eating habits I'm trying to instill (or will it?!). Then she ate raisins for dessert. Today, we tried Organic YoBaby banana yogurt and I think she really liked it!


Wow, I know that's terminally boring for most of you to read, but I can't help myself. I feel like if I don't write it all down now, I will forget everything. This blog has fast turned into Lily's baby book. I need to get started on working on an actual written one before she heads off to Kindergarten.

Lily's newest trick is talking in complete "sentences" and by that I mean that she makes a series of noises and intonations that sound like complete thoughts. Not thoughts that I can understand, but the language development is definately there! She is also imitating more sounds than I can count. When she sees the knocker on the front door, she reaches for it and says "Na, Na!" (meaning Knock, Knock).

Today, she imitated me when I asked her if she wanted a cracker ("Kaka?"). The Doctor said she doesn't associate the words with the object, but I beg to differ. Last night, my mom babysat her and was going through pictures. One popped up on the screen of Lily and Devin and Lily very quietly whispered "Da Da."She's a genius. I'm sure of it :)

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Nov 21, 09:09:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Ha ha! I am the same exact way. I want to write everything I possibly can on the blog so I will always remember it. My blog is Sam's baby book, too! I think there's some website where you can pay to have your blog made into a book....

     
  • At Tue Nov 21, 09:28:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Baby Genius (just like Piper ;o)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home