Saturday, November 04, 2006

Done With Work!

It's official -- I'm a stay-at-home mom now (for a little while, at least). My last day of work was rather depressing. I guess I've been in denial this whole time. Although I'm definately ready to be at home, I also am really going to miss my job and coworkers. It was sad to pack up the past 2 years of my life and put them in a little box. Pictures of Lily as a newborn that decorated my cubicle and a pack of crackers from God-knows-when, and a billion other little things that have been part of my daily life for a long time all fit into a cardboard box. And a couple of really cool pens that I couldn't bear to put back in the supply closet.

So, the new chapter begins. I will be a genuine Domestic Diva -- okay, I'll TRY -- for as long as I can stretch my severance (and hopefully Unemployment from Uncle Sam).

But, hey, look at this face and tell me you wouldn't want to stay home with her everyday too?

9 Comments:

  • At Sat Nov 04, 07:52:00 PM 2006, Blogger Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…

    You're gonna love staying home! Sorry it was sad to leave, but you'll soon forget when you get to spend tons of time with Lily.

     
  • At Sat Nov 04, 08:55:00 PM 2006, Blogger Rachel said…

    Welcome to the wonderful world of SAHM! (Stay at home moms) If you are like me, you may even realize that you don't really like to work for other people. And best of all, now you can make a road trip to my house! :)

     
  • At Sat Nov 04, 09:29:00 PM 2006, Blogger Lew said…

    Yeah, and you can make a road trip to my house too (pick me, pick me!!!). I wouldn't be able to resist staying home with Lily either. Look at those beautiful, puppy-dog eyes looking up at you! She is irresistable!

     
  • At Sat Nov 04, 11:49:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow, her eyes look just like my moms....

     
  • At Sun Nov 05, 06:32:00 AM 2006, Blogger jennylein said…

    Don't worry, you will get used to your new profession as a stay-at-home-mommy pretty soon. I can imagine how hard it must be for you to start something new, but you'll be fine..

     
  • At Sun Nov 05, 12:34:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    great...now i can come harass you between classes. =P

     
  • At Sun Nov 05, 09:30:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Look at those beautiful baby blue eyes! And those lashes - sheesh!

     
  • At Mon Nov 06, 10:15:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry it was so sad!! But now maybe we can finally get together!!!

     
  • At Tue Nov 07, 06:42:00 AM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    I know that it was hard to leave a job that you really love, but this is opening up a whole new chapter in life. You are going to get to stay home with your beutiful baby...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home