Monday, October 02, 2006

Ouch!


So, the Lilymonster had another wild weekend! This weekend, she ended up in the ER with a deep cut under her eye. She had tried to pull up on a 3-legged table in my mom's foyer and it tipped over on her. The cut was pretty darn deep, so we headed to the ER to see if she needed stitches. Lily smiled at all the nurses and Devin and I gave her medical tape and tissue boxes as toys to keep her occupied. She was so good and didn't seem bothered by all the nurses in her face, prodding her little cut.

The decision was made to use DermaBond, which is like glue, rather than sew stitches. Lily did not like being held down while whe was being "glued" back together, so Devin did the honors. He's a really great Daddy and I need to give him more credit. He was able to stay calm and make rational decisions and keep Lily distracted while we were in the ER.

Lily has to wear a band-aid so the dermabond doesn't get messed up. She looks like the rapper Nelly...

Check out that cute outfit! My Dad and Stepmom gave it to Lily along with a little leopard-print winter coat (to be pictured later).


9 Comments:

  • At Mon Oct 02, 09:02:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ohhhhh...Poor Lily!! I hope Mommy is doing well too.. I would be a nervous wreck!!!

     
  • At Mon Oct 02, 09:14:00 AM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Lily, you are such a little thug girl. You like my 50 Cent ringtones, you sit all reclined in the high chair, and now you are tring to look like Nelly.

     
  • At Mon Oct 02, 10:20:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hope she's feeling better soon!
    And your mommy dares to compare you to nelly.. hahaha.

     
  • At Mon Oct 02, 10:32:00 AM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    Awww, poor baby Nelly.

    And, you know that Leslie probably plays her a ton of hip hop ringtones. Maybe Lily just decided that she liked the gangsta look too!

     
  • At Mon Oct 02, 01:05:00 PM 2006, Blogger Lew said…

    What a little trooper Lily is!! That's amazing she stayed so calm. And, how were you doing during the whole thing? I would have definitely been freaking out. Seems like you stayed fairly calm. I hope Lily's cut heals well. We're thinking of her!
    Also, we would love to have y'all come up one day to see the leaves. They haven't changed yet, but it should be the second or third weekend in October.

     
  • At Mon Oct 02, 01:36:00 PM 2006, Blogger Rachel said…

    Poor Lily. At least she is still all smiles. I tought of Left Eye from TLC before I thought Nelly. Either way, she's a gangsta.

     
  • At Mon Oct 02, 05:34:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Sweetie,
    I am glad that Lily and you made it through the first big ouch! As the cut is healing, if you will keep vitamin E on it, she won't have a bad scar. CVS has a vitamin E cream that you could apply. It would be easily absorbed and you wouldn't have to worry about her getting it in her eye- just a suggestion.
    Love you and miss you,
    Neva

     
  • At Tue Oct 03, 04:41:00 PM 2006, Blogger Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…

    I hear Lily singing...

    "I'm goin down down baby, yo' street in a Range Rover"

     
  • At Thu Oct 05, 04:31:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smooches to Lily from Piper.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home