Friday, September 08, 2006

What's New?

Since I haven't taken any pictures lately (temporarily lost my camera -- but found it this morning!), I will just write a post about the new stuff Lily is doing. It seems like every week, she learns something new and it's hard to keep up with it all:

  • She loves, loves, LOVES music. My friend, Beth's husband Brian, played guitar for her last night and Lily just ate it up. I put her little hands on the guitar so she could feel the music vibrations (my favorite part of playing the piano is feeling those vibrations) and she was so enraptured. She also loved Brian's cell phone ring tone "Hello Moto" and rocked back and forth to the techno tune.
  • She makes a "cluck, cluck" sound with her tounge now -- she thinks its funny if you do it back to her too
  • She is "cruising" = holding onto stuff while walking. She has stood on her own a few times, but tumbles down pretty fast. The little dare-devil has no fear.
  • Lily is still doing the army crawl, but has made a few trips up on all fours. I think she doesn't quite have the coordination down yet
  • We finally introduced meat into her diet. I know most of you are shocked by that as I am not the biggest carnivore. The good news is that I don't have to cook it (if you know me, you know raw meat is the nastiest thing in the world to me), since it comes already pureed and mixed into babyfood.
  • All of a sudden, she has become very needy around her mommy. If I walk into a room, she starts crying for me to hold her. I have no idea where this came from, but I wish it would stop. The doctor thinks its a stage because she is learning about "object permanance" which means, she thinks when I'm gone, that I went "poof" and has no idea that I just left the room. I'm hoping this will remedy itself.
  • She's still climbing like a crazy woman. She can pull herself up on pretty much anything and is learning how to gracefully fall back on her bottom when she's ready to go back to the floor.
  • She's a terrific imitator. Devin and her played a game last week where he knocked on one side of the door and then she would knock on the other. I think she's a genius. I know every mom thinks that, but seriously, she is :)
  • Lily has a rash on her tummy and back that I'm thinking came from her laundry detergent. We went to the doctor yesterday to make sure and she thinks its definately an outside allergy (not viral, whew!). Guess that Dreft really is important!
  • She's getting awesome at consonant sounds like "La, Ba, Ma, Da" -- we are waiting on those priceless words "Mama" or "Dada" but so far, all we've gotten is a "Lala." Eh, close enough.
  • Lily's new motto might as well be "Don't Fence Me In" (like the country song). She is no longer fond of the jumperoo or exersaucer for more than 5 minutes. She would rather be on the floor having fun than confined to any small space.
  • Lily is still thriving at Leslie's. Her face brightens up every morning when she sees Leslie and Sam. Its really cute! Seeing those two big blue-eyed babies melt my heart and are a great way to start my day!

Okay, I guess that's it for now. We are planning a trip to the Greek Festival with some friends tomorrow, so hopefully I can post more pictures after that. Wonder if Lily will like Baklava?

3 Comments:

  • At Fri Sep 08, 01:03:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Lora, you are too kind. Her eyes light up when she sees MOMMY, not me and Sam. She is always thrilled to see you! I'm even a bit jealous she is always wanting mommy. Sam could care less if I'm around or not!

    Let me also reiterate Lily's love for music. She is so fond of our keyboard, even when Sam insists on banging on it.

    And the little dare-devil would probably break out of a fence if you tried to put her in one. Today, I sat her down in my computer room, went to the bathroom, and when I came back, she had somehow scooted UNDER the computer desk.

     
  • At Fri Sep 08, 01:54:00 PM 2006, Blogger Rachel said…

    MMMM...baby food meat. Have you tried it? After a taste I felt so guilty giving the plain meat to Kirby. However ne LOVED it mixed with various veggies.

    What kind of detergent did you use? You should try Clean and Clear All. I actually never used Dreft, I used Baby All--same ingredients but cheaper. The switch from Baby All to Clean and Clear All did nothing to Kirby and still isn't so expensive. Just a thought.

     
  • At Fri Sep 08, 03:28:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    I still cannot believe how well she is moving around. I know you can't wait til she is walking, the little dare-devil.

    And I think Lily is definately a baby genius, and I am not her mother.

    Can't wait for the Greek Festival tomorrow with all the babies and Brendon. It will be fun.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home