Lily's First Day At Leslie's

Today was a big day for Lily! It was her first official day of staying with Leslie for daycare. For those of you who know what a compulsively late person I am, you will be happy to know that I actually made it to work on time. Leslie and Sam met us outside my office to pick up Lily. No daycare I know offers curbside assistance like that! I loaded up my baby in Leslie's car, handed Leslie a big bag and a huge list of instructions and off they went!
I went to visit at lunch, to check on my baby and I have to say how pleased I was. She was happy, covered in carrots (lunchtime!) and having fun with Sam and Leslie. Of course, she screamed when I came in because she has this weird neediness to me right now (Dr said it was some attachment/object permanance stage), so I scooped her up and we took the kids into the living room to play. The babies had fun, mainly playing with the toys. Sam seemed completely unconcerned that another baby was in his living room; he was on a mission to empty out his toy chest. He did, however, manage to steal a few toys from Lily and Lily stole some toys from him, but neither kid seemed particularly upset about it. Those two are very active! Lily kept pulling up unsteadily on all of Sam's toys and the couch and Sam showed off his walking skills -- I needed a nap after just watching those two go!
You can check out Leslie's page for pictures and a more accurate account of their day. This is my favorite picture of Lily today and I swiped it from Leslie's page. Lily's not a big fan of hats, can you tell?

In the meantime (since I forgot my camera today), you can look at pictures of Lily from earlier this evening:


Okay, its off to bed now. Lily is screaming from her crib (guess the soothing whale noises cd just isn't cutting it tonight), we're both ready to sleep.
In other news, the transmission broke in my Mitsubishi tonight (apparently, its still on the side of the road -- thanks, Devin), so we are down to one car, one crappy motorcycle. But hey, we have an old boat that doesn't run? That's gotta count for something, right?
5 Comments:
At Tue Aug 29, 08:01:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
I didn't see any pictures of Dallas...
At Tue Aug 29, 08:20:00 AM 2006,
Lora said…
Sorry, honey, you didn't give me any pictures of YOU actually IN dallas! Everyone, I will post some pics of Devin's trip later (maybe.)
At Tue Aug 29, 10:06:00 AM 2006,
Andrew, Zachary and Will's Mommy said…
My new name for Lily is Pretty Pretty. Simple b/c she's so darn PRETTY! Glad to hear she had a good day at Leslie's house with Sam. Hopefully day 2 will be even better.
PS. I'm sending the chicken costume via Rachel when you guys go to the beach.
At Tue Aug 29, 01:50:00 PM 2006,
Rachel said…
Wanna buy a 2003 Camry? It's in great condition, gets great gas milage and is great shape. I will only bring the costume if you humor me and pretend you are interested. :)
At Tue Aug 29, 04:39:00 PM 2006,
Amy said…
I am just tired thinking about how Leslie is juggling those two.
Sorry about the car. That is strange because my transmission just messed up.
Post a Comment
<< Home