Cute Couple!
So, of course, Lily wanted to look her best for her big date with West. Therefore, a serious good-smelling bath was needed. There's nothing cuter than a baby in a bathtowel:

Well, actually, one thing is cuter: a sleeping baby. Too bad mine didn't feel like cooperating. I peeked in on Lily during naptime and this is what I found:

Good thing we lowered that crib mattress or she'd be climbing right out!
Mary and I met at the park after lunch time and although we had fun, the babies took turns fussing. First WB cried inconsolably for a bit, so Mary put him in the sling, which calmed him down immediately:

Later when we stopped to rest, we made the babies do a switcheroo. West got to take a nap...in Lily's stroller! Yes, here is West in a pink stroller (his mom says he'll be a sensitive male when he grows up):

Now that West was calm and quiet, Lily felt it should be her turn to be loud and whiny. Luckily, he was sleeping so soundly, he didn't notice her crying. While West strolled, Lily and I tested out Mary's sling. I think she liked it at first, but it was a really warm day and I think she wasn't digging being so cuddly with her sweaty mama:

After the walk, it was back to my house to enjoy the a/c and let Westbrook check out some of Lily's toys (its only fair since Lily got to test out all WB's stuff, even before he was born!). We put West in the Jumperoo first and I think he really liked it. Of course, Lily couldn't sit idly by while someone else is having all the fun, so she started making her trademarked squealing noises and then insisted on standing next to him while he bounced.

Lily found WB very interesting, she kept trying to reach out and grab him. I told her to watch out, it won't be long before he's grabbing her back.
WB sits with his future wife and mother-in-law. Both of the babies have cute facial expressions in this picture:

This is my new favorite picture of Westbrook. Isn't he darling? I can't tell you how much I love this kid. I watched him grow inside of his mom, felt him kick in her belly, and then I met him when he was less than 24 hours old. Now, he and Lily can grow up together and be friends like his mom and I are. Although, I am (not so) secretly hoping that they will grow up to get married someday :)

4 Comments:
At Sat Aug 19, 07:44:00 PM 2006,
Rachel said…
They are both so cute. I can't wait to give 'em a big sqeeze at the beach!
At Sun Aug 20, 11:28:00 AM 2006,
Amy said…
They are both so cute. I hope Leslie is ready to have her hands full with all of the busy babies running around.
Looks like you guys had a pretty good day.
At Sun Aug 20, 10:53:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
I needed to see cute baby pictures today - they are both gorgeous. Thanks for being so supportive with the hyperemesis trip, it means a lot to me.
At Mon Aug 21, 06:35:00 AM 2006,
Leslie said…
Look at Lily and Westbrook Cox! Just think, you can show these pictures to everyone at their wedding reception. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home