Sunday, August 06, 2006

Unser Wochenende (Our Weekend)

Well, you may have guessed by the title that we had some German culture with our weekend. My second cousins, Sylvia and Marcus were in town on the first stop of their east coast tour. They left today for NYC and will come back to see us in 2 weeks on final stop before heading home. On Saturday, we took our guests on a walk downtown to see the sights and luckily, the heat wasn't too terribly bad.

Here we are in front of the Bobcats Arena. Unfortunately, only the gift shop was open, but at least the air conditioning worked in there, so we could cool off. Silvia modeled the latest in foam-hand fashion at the gift shop. Meow!


In my opinion, it takes a real man to push a pink stroller downtown, and Lily just loved looking at the tall buildings from her royal pastel throne. She completely hammed it up for our guests:


After a long walk and lunch at Fox and Hound, we headed to the Panther's Stadium to show it off as well. Eventually, the heat got the better of us and we headed home. Lily's favorite thing to do at Grandma's house is get a sink bath. This personally scares the crap outta me, because she is strong enough to pull herself into a kneeling position and she loves to reach for the spout while trying to stand up in a wet, slippery sink. But hey, my Mom's got experience being a mom, so I try to breathe and let Lily enjoy being spoiled by Grandma.


In less than a week's time, Lily has gone from one or top little hops forward to major scooting. She does her army crawl everywhere...and fast! I am totally terrified! Our old house is barely adult-proof, how on earth am I going to be able to baby-proof it? Maybe Devin will let me pad her room, like an insane asylum. He probably will let me do that, if I promise to spend some real time in there :)

I am going to California next week for 3 days (Tues-Thurs) on business and Lily will be left alone with her father. I will be in a different time zone from my baby! This is pretty scary stuff. I am so excited to be given the opportunity to travel (per my 100 Things, I have never been west of Knoxville, TN), so this will be quite a big deal for me. Devin says he's looking forward to some daddy-baby bonding time with Lily. I think he's gonna do great. I do, however, think the house will be in a state of utter disrepair when I get home. Oh well, as long as they have fun! Wish us all luck (and for those of you know where my house is, feel free to drop by unexpectedly to check on him).

5 Comments:

  • At Sun Aug 06, 07:37:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    It is definately a possibility that I will stop by and check on Miss Sweetypie and her daddy. I hope that you have a great trip in CA.

    I am glad that you guys had a great weekend with your Deutsch familie, but we missed you!

     
  • At Mon Aug 07, 06:43:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    silvia!
    I bet you had a good time. I wish I had been there too.

     
  • At Mon Aug 07, 10:52:00 AM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Look at little Miss Thang taking off on her own! What a strong little girl!

    I hate we missed you guys downtown.

     
  • At Mon Aug 07, 07:40:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    I just had to come back and look at pictures of her grinning. Geez, she is too cute! I am so impressed with her scooting abilities!

     
  • At Thu Aug 10, 06:56:00 AM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Lora, I can't wait til you come home so I can get my Lily fix. Do you think you could get Devin to update the blog in your absence?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home