Monday, July 10, 2006

Celebration Weekend!


Ok, so this weekend was totally and completely rad (I absolutely adore using 90s lingo). On Saturday, we went to Sam Netta's birthday party. I cannot believe that he is already a year old. He is such an amazing kid and he is lucky enough to have an amazing mommy as well. This celebration was for Sam's birthday, but also marks the end of Leslie's 6 week long round of daily radiation therapy. Hence, the celebration actually lasted many hours after Sam went down for bedtime! Good times!


Lily fell in love with Sam's Jumperoo and Leslie was sweet enough to loan it to us. Devin put new batteries in it and I swear that child would jump all day if she could! Thanks, Leslie!

Sam really liked his birthday cake! He looks like he's thinking: "Boy, this is a lot sweeter than mashed peas and carrots!"


Sam loved his presents!

Sam and Lily got reaquainted...(Eliza says that Lily can't marry Sam and have blue-eyed babies because she has already called dibs on Sam for her future offspring.) Lily is crushed because Sam Netta is ridiculously cute!

Lily also got to visit with her Aunties and Uncles (I consider the Sr Women Aunties, but I haven't actually asked their men if they wanted to be considered Uncles. Hmmm...what a quandry. Oh well, I guess they win that honor by default. They inherited all their wives/girlfriends friends, so why not the friend's kid's too?).

On Sunday, I went to my friend, Meagan's bridal shower. She is going to be a stunning bride! Here is Meagan holding her rehearsal "bouquet":

The wedding is at the end of the month and Meagan was nice enough to ask me to be a bridesmaid, so I will post pictures of that. I don't know that many have seen me in a formal gown...well, maybe some of you remember prom, but I looked a tad different then! I'm really honored and excited to be a bridesmaid, though, and I know I'm gonna have ruined my makeup before it's even my turn to walk down the aisle. Good thing all eyes will be on my beautiful friend! Congrats, Meagan!!!

5 Comments:

  • At Mon Jul 10, 09:10:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    Can I just repost your blog onto mine since it it recaps my entire weekend as well?

    I had a great time this weekend. I think I actually had to wait til Monday to get some rest.

    Hopefully my camera will be fixed soon. Now that I don't have it I really want to take pictures.

     
  • At Tue Jul 11, 07:11:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    But Lily has Westbrook to have beautiful cherub-cheeked whistle lipped babies! So see, it all works out in the end. And once my future daughter marries Sam, I can't wait to hear her complain about her mother in law. Zing!

    On topic, I had a blast with you and Lily this weekend!

     
  • At Wed Jul 12, 09:04:00 AM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Gasp! I can't believe Lily turned her attention away from West so quickly!!! West will just have to find a new girl.

    Anyway, we must get together. I go back to work in a week so... well that is totaly unrelated. Let me know if there is any evenings or weekends that work for you and Lily.

     
  • At Wed Jul 12, 08:05:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Complain about her mother-in-law???

     
  • At Fri Jul 14, 07:26:00 AM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Happy 5 month birthday, Lily!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home