Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Cereal vs Lily: Round 2

So, I had kind of decided to wait a bit to start giving Lily cereal again. The pediatrician had said there's no real nutritional value in giving her food right now, since she gets all she needs from the formula. To be honest with you, it was such a disaster last time that I was hesitant to try it again. Well, Devin decided that Lily should try again, having wolfed down her entire bottle and seeming like she might still be hungry. He fixed it up, set her in the Bumbo chair and called me in (he is smart enough to know that I may have protested had he asked first). Lily loved her food! She ate 2 whole tablespoons with no problem and seemed kind of disappointed that there wasn't more. She kept trying to grab the spoon from Devin when she saw it coming her way. She also did a great job of keeping the food in her mouth, as opposed to last time when 80% of it landed on the coffee table.

You can tell by her eyes that she is enjoying it! What a ham!


Lily also slept in her crib for the first time yesterday. After her cereal adventure, she got very fussy and groggy and the swing just wasn't doing it for her. I turned the lights off and gently put her down in her "big girl crib" in her nursery. Of course, being the neurotic nutcase that I am, I knocked over everything possible and managed to make a bunch of noise while trying to plug the baby monitor in. Everything worked out fine and Lily fell asleep in mere minutes, which was around 8 PM. When I was ready for bed, I moved her from her crib back to her bassinett in my room (you didn't think I'd get that bold that fast, did you?). My little angel slept from 8 PM to 6 AM this morning, when I finally had to wake her up! I am still astounded! Her normal bedtime is 10 or 11 PM. She must know that Mommy needs a lot of sleep too :)

4 Comments:

  • At Tue Jun 27, 10:42:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, great “job” Lily, and of course her Daddy and her Mommy!!!
    It just seams when little Lily is ready for something, - she is READY.
    Love you all MoM

     
  • At Tue Jun 27, 10:43:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, great “job” Lily, and of course her Daddy and her Mommy!!!
    It just seams when little Lily is ready for something, - she is READY.
    Love you all
    MoM

     
  • At Wed Jun 28, 02:09:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Go, Lily, go! Eat that yummy rice cereal!

     
  • At Sat Jul 01, 01:13:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    Awww, she is sleeping in her crib. I am so happy that the cereal worked out this time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home