Monday, June 12, 2006

Water Baby!

So, this weekend, I managed to take Lily swimming TWICE! She *loves* the water!

On Friday, we went to my friend, Beth's, again to swim in her neighborhood pool. It was nice and private (read: no one saw me in my bathing suit except the people we went with) and the kids had fun.

Here is Beth with her daughter, Claudia, and Lily. Lily is sitting in Beth's carseat, which actually turns into a stroller. How nifty is that?!


Lily models the latest in infant swimwear...

Me & Lily trying to outdo eachother with 80s clothing: her with the glam-look and me with the floral, Laura-Ashley on crack look!

Lily with her hooded towel after our swim: "Can we go again, mom?"

On Sunday, Lily and I went swimming with my friend, Amy, at her country club, Cedarwood. This pool was much bigger and had a baby pool with a fountain in it! Lily liked the baby pool, especially the fountain, but I think she enjoyed the big pool a bit more. I had stopped at Walmart to buy her a floatie, but I think she's still a little too small for it. We had to lean her way back to keep her from pitching forward.

Here we are enjoying the kiddie pool. Yes, I only have one bathing suit. What? Did you think I'd still look good in my last year's bikini?! That'd be a big, *fat* "No"!

And the piece de resistance (or however you spell it) are the following pics. I shall call them

"The many (silly) faces of Lily"

4 Comments:

  • At Mon Jun 12, 01:45:00 PM 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hahaha, those last two pics of Lily are hilarious!!!!

     
  • At Tue Jun 13, 07:49:00 AM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    We had a wonderful time at the pool. You guys are going to have to come with us every weekend until I am tan. My mom says I am in denial about my complexion, but I say,"Miss Hawaiian Tropic, here I come!"

    I think Lily liked swimming with her auntie Amy. Brendon will be showing her how to do cannonballs in no time!

     
  • At Thu Jun 15, 08:33:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Oh my goodness! I just want to grab her face and plant it with kisses! That picture of her in the hooded towel is adorable. And I love the last picture; not only is the swimsuit precious, but her expression is priceless!

    I want to see Lily again! Can I? Huh? Can I please please please??

     
  • At Thu Jun 15, 08:34:00 PM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    And you do NOT look like Laura Ashley on crack, nor does your bathing suit make you look that way!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home