Monday, June 12, 2006

Drew Llewelyn


I have been putting off posting this, as I've been unsure whether or not I should. But, after much thought, I decided that this blog is about Lily, but also about me. I have been following a journey of hope and courage that is Drew Llewleyn's battle with lymphoma. Drew is the younger brother of my friend, Mary (Westbrook's Mom). He passed away last week, at age 23, due to complications of his cancer.

At his memorial service, so many people showed up to celebrate his life. According to his blog even complete strangers, who had come across his journey online, attended the service. What a special man to inspire that kind of turnout!

People stood up to share their stories of Drew and his amazing spirit, both in sports and in fighting his disease. We should all be so lucky to be so fondly spoken of when its our time to go. Drew was loved by so many, from all over the world. For someone who was only 23, it was pretty obvious that he touched many lives. He sure touched mine, even though I'd only met him a few times.

Now, Drew can be Westbrook's personal guardian angel, and teach him how to excel at all of life's games to come! What a terrific guardian angel to have!

2 Comments:

  • At Tue Jun 13, 07:55:00 AM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    I never even met Drew, and I haven't seen Mary in years, but I too was inspired by his story, and their family. I definately think that this post is an appropriate way to pay your respects to Mary and her family. He was an amazing man, and touched the lives of so many people.

     
  • At Fri Jun 16, 07:22:00 AM 2006, Blogger M said…

    Thanks Lora. I deeply appreciate you being their on Saturday to show your support for Drew and my family. It means the world to all of us.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home