16 Weeks & Cereal
The majority of her cereal dripped right back out of her mouth and onto the Bumbo, but in between all the crying, she seemed to actually enjoy it. She was so hungry, though, that a spoonful wasn't enough to satiate her. I believe she felt teased, a little food here, a little there, but she wanted it all at once!
Is started out well...
Uh-oh...

Well, maybe its not that bad...

Wait, yes it is that bad! Why, Daddy, why?!
That's it! I'm ready for my bottle and bedtime!

Poor little booger, hopefully, next time will be a little more fun for her. I think its sweet that Devin wanted to be the one to feed her for the first time. He has really become a lot more involved in the past few weeks. I read in a book somewhere that some men are a trimester behind women in their "bonding" with the pregnancy and then the baby. I guess Devin is just entering his 4th trimester then! Lily loves her Daddy though, she stares at him like he's the most interesting thing she's ever seen.
Lily is starting to "find" her own voice too. Her favorite thing to do is make this high-pitched, sqealing noise. She does it when she's happy, sad, bored, tired, or really any old time except when she's asleep. Last night, Devin was playing with Lily and he kept saying "Whee!" in a sing-song voice and then she imitated him perfectly. It was really ubelievable! She did this last week too, when I was singing a song to her that her toy caterpillar sings, she imitated it perfectly. I'm not sure if its wishful thinking or not, but I really think these occurances are the beginnings of Lily trying to communicate. And think about it, if she's my kid, we'll have a hard time getting her to be quiet :)
2 Comments:
At Wed Jun 07, 11:07:00 AM 2006,
Amy said…
Aww, that face is just pitiful. What cute pictures. I am glad that Devin is so involved in Lily's development. So cute!
At Fri Jun 09, 10:17:00 AM 2006,
Leslie said…
Ha ha! Those pictures are priceless. Don't worry; Sam wasn't so sure about cereal either, but now he eats EVERYTHING and ANYTHING.
That is so sweet Devin wanted to be the one to feed her! What is it with boys and food? ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home