What a Difference a Year Can Make

A year ago today, I found out that I was pregnant. At that time, I was consumed by worry and fear, self-doubt and anxiety. Never in a million years, could I have guessed that my life would be where it is today. I could not have imagined how much I would love my daughter and that so many of my wishes would come true. This year, I have been hired full-time at work and finally make decent money, gotten a new car (with A/C!), grown so much closer to Devin, refurbished our modest little house, made a lot of new friends and reconnected with many old ones, and of course, became a mommy! Whew, that's a lot! What a journey it has been and I look forward to what's around the next corner. Lily has brought new meaning to my life and I'm so exicted to see where she'll be another year from now (last year, she looked like a kidney bean)!
In other news, Lily is still fighting an ear infection. I took her to the pediatrician on Tuesday and they gave her stronger antibiotics, so I hope they start working soon. The Dr made a BIG goof and expressed his surprise that I was "expecting" so soon after my first baby. I made sure to inform him, that, no, I wasn't pregnant...just fat. Boy, was he embarassed! I think I felt worse for him than for me! I'm not too worried about my tummy-fat. I mean, I won't be in a bikini any time soon, but I'm sure it'll go away eventually. One look at Leslie tells me that there is hope!
In other news, Lily is still fighting an ear infection. I took her to the pediatrician on Tuesday and they gave her stronger antibiotics, so I hope they start working soon. The Dr made a BIG goof and expressed his surprise that I was "expecting" so soon after my first baby. I made sure to inform him, that, no, I wasn't pregnant...just fat. Boy, was he embarassed! I think I felt worse for him than for me! I'm not too worried about my tummy-fat. I mean, I won't be in a bikini any time soon, but I'm sure it'll go away eventually. One look at Leslie tells me that there is hope!

We got a Johnny Jumper for Lily, which hangs in the doorway. She's not too great at bouncing yet, but she loves to spin in circles. She's growing up so fast!
Lily is trying to compete with Kirby for wierdest sleep positions :)
Lily and I hang out with my BFF Kasei at Veteran's Park on Memorial Day. You can see by my tummy why the Dr might've thought I was preggo...
Lily hangs out with her great-grandmother (my granny) on Memorial Day.
Then, she studied her Grandpa (my Dad) for a while. I think I figured out where she gets those cheeks from...
4 Comments:
At Thu Jun 01, 10:51:00 AM 2006,
Leslie said…
Lora, you are just nuts. You looked incredible at the park the other day! I can't remember the exact amount of time, but I think it takes a woman about six months after she's given birth for her body to return to normal. It hasn't even been that long for you!
And your pictures show, once again, that Lily is such a beautiful baby. Sigh. Supremely gorgeous.
She's gonna love that jumper! Sam loved his.
At Thu Jun 01, 05:29:00 PM 2006,
Anonymous said…
Whoa, love the first picture!!!! She is a such a good subject.
On a funny note, I told Wade what Lily's doctor said. His response was "She's pregnant?!?!?!?! Is she crazy?!?!?" I am still laughing!!
At Thu Jun 01, 07:32:00 PM 2006,
Amy said…
Lora, I am really just sooo proud of your success in the past year. So many things have happened, and I am so glad that I can watch Lily grow up, the way that you have watched Brendon grow. We have been in each others lives for so many years now, it feels like you will be there forever. I know it has been a rocky road, but we all made it through in one piece. I am so excited that I can be a part of your lives. I am so glad that you have Lily, not only because she is beautiful, but because now we get to be mommies together, and that is really special. Now we can bond through the trials of motherhood. I will stop with the sentimental stuff now.
In other news, Lora, you don't look pregnant. You look like you just had a baby, which you did. I am not sure why a pediatrician would mistakingly think that you are pregnant, much less ask you. Hey, I am still trying to lose my baby weight 8 years later!!!
At Fri Jun 02, 03:37:00 PM 2006,
M said…
Hello again- just wanted to clarify that Wade doesn't think you look prego;) He just misunderstood the point of the story when I told him the other night. I now live in fear that someone will ask me when I am due because if a doctor could actually think you are pregnant then everyone must think I am in my second trimester!
It is amazing different the world is now from a year ago!
Post a Comment
<< Home