Friday, May 19, 2006

Sick Baby

This is the face of abject suffering -- unfortunately, it doesn't differ too much from her non-suffering face.

So, I finally called the Dr about Lily's cough yesterday and they insisted I come in for a visit. Upon further exam, they found that her lungs were just fine, it was an ear that was the problem. Miss Lily has her very first ear infection. Apparently, ear infections are very painful and cause most babies hours of excrutiating pain. Lily has been fussy, but not overly dramatic in her behavior. I would've just kept on giving her tylenol if the Dr wouldn't have checked her. On the plus side, she seems to genuinely like the amoxacillan. She thinks its yummy. Also, I have to note that she now weighs (with clothes & diapers) a whopping 13 lbs, 8 ounces.

While Lily is on the mend, I am definately getting a little overwhelmed. Blame it on hormones or sleep deprivation, but I am just not myself lately. Motherhood is pretty hard sometimes and it can get very overwhelming. I would not trade Lily for anything in this world, but I never fully understood how much responsibility parenting takes until now. I guess it just took 3 months for me to finally feel the full brunt of being a full-time parent (not to mention a full-time employee). I'm lucky that my mom and friends are nearby, I can always get the help I need from them. Sometimes you just need to hear that its okay to not be super-mom all the time, its okay to admit that its difficult to be a new mom, and that you'll get through it just fine. Luckily, I had my good friend Amy remind me of all that last night. Thanks, Amy!

This weekend, I am planning loads of rest and relaxation for both me and Lily, so that by next week, we'll be up and ready to be our normal, cheerful selves again!


2 Comments:

  • At Fri May 19, 08:49:00 AM 2006, Blogger Leslie said…

    Oh, Lora!! Go back and read some of the posts on my blog. They all sound like they were written by someone who was about to have a nervous breakdown. Motherhood is SO HARD, and it gets very overwhleming at times. Add on a sick baby and a hormonal mommy, and you've got a mess on your hands. But you are doing a splendid job. Seriously, you are a natural at this. I was bumbling around with no clue when Sam was three months old, but you have it all in check. You are doing a magnificent job. No, you don't have to be supermom. All Lily cares about is that you are attentive to her needs and you love her. I know you do that!

     
  • At Sun May 21, 12:29:00 PM 2006, Blogger Amy said…

    Your welcome, Lora. It really is true that every mother has felt overwhelmed at times. You are doing better than I was when Brendon was that age, I felt as though I would have a nervous breakdown about every other day!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home