Priceless Gifts

A lot of the most special gifts that one can get are the ones you can't put a value on. For my first Mother's Day, those were the ones that counted the most:
1. I heard Lily laugh out loud for the first time. Mom and I took her to the Pineville Park playground and I sat with her on my lap and swang back and forth gently. Next to us, a young girl in a pink shirt was really flying and Lily just ate it up. She was so tickled! It was music to my ears.

2. The babysitting and company of my brother Derek, sister Melissa, and of course, my Mom, who all took turns giving me a much-needed break from being a full-time mom.
3. My mom's gift to me was a book written by Sheri Lynch about not expecting to have the perfect family -- the best part -- my mom had it personally signed for me!
4. From Devin, a collection of seashells from the NC shore that he collected just for me, a small book about the joy of kisses, and some very sweet magnets. My favorite magnet says "Mothers hold their children's hands a while, and their hearts forever" *tear*
6. A lovenote scribbled in the sand...
5 Comments:
At Mon May 15, 09:00:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
I love you so much Lora. You are such a good mother to Lily. The bond that a child and a mother share is without parallel. Remember who the most important person to Lily is and don't forget to take care of her, too.
Love & respect,
Devin
At Tue May 16, 11:18:00 AM 2006,
Leslie said…
Lora, those are priceless gifts! When I heard Sam laugh out loud for the first time, I thought my heart would burst. Just you wait - you have many, many more things to look forward to. Wait til you get one of those sloppy kisses. They are the best!
At Tue May 16, 01:40:00 PM 2006,
M said…
I am so glad you had such a wonderful day! You deserve it!!!!!
At Tue May 16, 03:59:00 PM 2006,
Amy said…
What a great Mother's Day, seeing Lily laugh for the first time. That is so sweet. I can't wait to see her laugh.
At Mon May 22, 11:20:00 AM 2006,
Anonymous said…
the pictures of you and lily are just too cute.
Post a Comment
<< Home